2: Subordinate

A/N: Hello! I hope everyone is having a good day and you're all safe! I want to briefly mention that there will be a (Y/L/N) brought up in this chapter. For those that don't know, it stands for -your last name-. This will be used in later chapters as well. There will also be mentions of (Y/F/N): -your first name-. Hope that clears up any possible confusion. I hope you all enjoy reading!!! <3333

"I'll give you some time to think it over." Erwin spoke, heading toward the door to leave.
"I'll do it." You spoke up before he even had time to grab the door handle. He smiled, facing away from you.
"I'll join the Survey Corps." You answered confidently, sure of your choice.
"I'll be looking forward to having you on our team. Levi will be in momentarily to free you. Once again, my apologies, Miss Y/L/N." Erwin smiled, then walked out of the room. Levi was leaning against the wall across the hallway. Erwin approached him with the same smile he had when he left you.
"Did you give her the same speech you gave me?" Levi asked, jokingly taking a jab at Erwin. He hummed with amusement.
"Not that I'm aware of, but most likely. She wasn't exactly hesitant either after giving it some thought." Erwin commented.
"So she said yes?" Levi asked. Erwin nodded.
"Wipe that shitty grin off your face. How can you be so trustful of her?" Levi questioned, annoyed by Erwin's demeanor.
"If she's like anyone I know, I think she's worth putting my trust in. Or more importantly, your trust." Erwin relayed, shocking Levi.
"You're kidding right? I'm the last person to be appointed as her superior." Levi argued.
"That's an order, Levi." Erwin said with raised eyebrows and a slight grin.
"Ah shit, fine." Levi reluctantly agreed.
"She'll do fine. She's determined." Erwin confirmed.
"Yeah, yeah. I get it, hero." Levi joked. Erwin chuckled, walking up the stairs.
Levi walked back into the room with you giving off the vibe that you were overthinking everything.
"Regretting your decision?" Levi asked, you raised your head to look at him.
"What?" You asked, unsure of what he meant by his cryptic question.
"You agreed to join the Survey Corps." Levi explained further.
"No, I'm not regretting it." You reassured him.
"Mmh." Levi responded with disbelief.
"Don't think I can hold up to the challenge?" You questioned, slightly offended that he would think you're not capable of taking care of yourself.
"This isn't a challenge. This is your damn life on the line we're talking about." Levi sternly explained. You scoff, annoyed.
"Since when do you care what happens to my life?" You legitimately asked, reminding Levi of what had occurred for the last three weeks.
"It's a different circumstance now. You're a soldier now. A teammate. My subordinate. Your life is to be taken seriously by yourself and by those around you." You didn't realize how different Levi was compared to the man you were introduced to when you first ended up down in such a damp, dark dungeon.
"I see." You responded coldly. There was so much more you wanted to say but you couldn't bring yourself to do it. Levi walked towards you suddenly and you flinched. He knitted his brows, almost harboring a desolated expression. He hid it well.
"I'm untying the ropes to release you." Levi reassured you in a deep, mono-toned voice.
"Oh, sorry." You relax your body slowly. The next thing you knew, your arms and legs were like limp noodles, unable to move them much on your own.
"Aren't you going to get up?" Levi asked, slightly annoyed by your stillness.
"That is what I'd like to do." You responded, scoffing.
"So what's stopping you?" Levi interrogated.
"I can't move my arms or legs." You explained. Levi furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief. He pulled you up by your arms, annoyed with the games you were playing. Your legs began to uncontrollably shake and you stumbled onto the floor. You lightly yelped in pain. Levi looked at you with slight worry.
"I fuckin' told you!" You looked up at him, staggering to get some sort of balance. It was impossible.
"Shit." Levi cursed, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Heh, you took the words right from my mouth. What did you expect was gonna happen after being forced to sit in that fucking chair and tortured all this time?" You angrily mentioned. Levi groaned, pressing his fingers against his temple. You embarrassingly attempted to drag yourself across the floor, but you failed miserably. Levi lifted you up and stood you on your feet. He gradually lightened his grip to test how well you could balance yourself.
"I'm not a fucking toddler!" You shouted, embarrassed and pissed off at the same time.
"No, but you sure act like one." Levi glared at you, still holding you up.
"What did you fucking say to me?" You grit down on your teeth, aggravated by his comment.
"Is that really the tone you want to take with your commanding officer; especially with the current state that you're in?" Levi warned. You laughed mockingly at him.
"What good would it do? Now I'm no better than a fucking potato!" You became beyond frustrated to the point where tears began to form in your eyes out of anger. Levi raised his eyebrows with confusion.
"What is it now?" You glared at him.
"Your eyes." Levi mentioned softly.
"What about them?" You asked with annoyance in your tone of voice.
"You're crying. Unless there's a switch I accidentally pressed." Levi pushed more of your buttons.
"Fuck you!" You shouted, trying your best to move your arms and legs as Levi continued to hold onto you.
"I don't know why I'm crying. I'm probably so fucking pissed at you and at my limbs that my emotions don't know what to do." You groaned, suddenly ceasing your attempted motions.
"That's nice to know. I don't know about you but I'm not gonna stand here all day." Levi turned around and slightly squatted. He pulled you up by your arms and let your arms fall across his chest as he grabbed onto your thighs to hoist you up further.
"A piggy back ride? Classy." You stated in a gloomy tone.
"I could've just thrown you over my shoulder." Levi suggested.
"No, thank you." Levi began to walk towards the door.
"Wait! Wait! What if someone see's?" You shouted once again, worried.
"See's what? A half naked woman they don't know being carried on my back because she can't walk?" Levi hit the nail right on the mark. You looked at him with unnamed, half-lidded eyes.
"Yeah." You answered with attitude in your voice.
"Well, If you're that upset over it." Levi left the room and headed into another, just opposite across from the previous. This room seemed to be for storage items. He grabbed a blanket and threw it over you with one hand.
"Happy?" Levi asked, annoyed with how needy you were becoming. You grumbled.
"Sure, whatever." You stated, rolling your eyes.
"That's good enough for me." Levi walked down the hall and up the stairs. You groaned as the light hit your face. When realizing what was giving you so much discomfort, you stared at the sky and gazed at your bright, gorgeous surroundings. Levi felt a wet substance hitting the collar of his shirt and then back on his neck. He slowly closed his eyes, understanding why you were crying.