Chapter 25

Juliette

I woke up to the sound of a motor. My eyes fluttered open as I realized I was in the passenger seat of a car. It was dark out and I didn't have any clue where I was.

My whole body felt stiff and I moved very slowly. I tried to face the drive with as little movement as possible. It was none other than Tobias. I smiled relieved I wasn't kidnapped.

"Tobias?" I croaked.

"Yes beautiful?" I don't know if his response should've made me uncomfortable or not, but at the moment I was too tired to think about it.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He interrupted me and brushed off my question, "Why did you heal all the people in the infirmary? That wasn't your job."

I stifled a laugh, "I know that, but they needed my energy more than I did."

"That's where you are wrong. We all won't survive in the end if you keep doing stupid stuff like this.

I slumped back onto the side door, "I do what I want," I mumbled.

"You need a mate, no one can help you control you impulses better."

I stifled up as much energy as I had left, "I need a mate?! I need a mate?!" I yelled louder the second time. "Great! Thank you for your opinion I didn't ask for. I will let you know if I find any contenders!" He had some nerve. I just met this guy, I saved his pack members, and he thought it was in good taste to insult my dating decisions?

"Jay, listen to me. It's been two years. We are both almost 18, we haven't been mated with anyone one yet and the chance of us finding our mate decreases as we age," he put his right hand on my leg. "Just think about it, okay?"

"Just think about it," I mumbled back in a mocking tone. "For one thing I'm better off alone. Second thing you have no right to call me Jay. My name is Juliette to you. Third thing you're just not my type," I sent a 'hymph' his way.

I knew he was pissed off at my response. I probably should've thought it out more, since he's driving me to god knows where.

"Now where are we going?" I asked in a nicer tone.

It took him a minute to calm down, "I'm taking you to the Witch Hallows."

"Thank you," I smiled trying to fake that I wasn't annoyed. "But why didn't you just let me drive? We left my car back at the motel."

"I was going to drive your truck, but it wasn't starting and the Elder Witch wanted you there ASAP." He seemed annoyed at my questions. "On top of that you can barely sit up, I doubt you could drive yourself," he scoffed and kept his eyes on the road.

I rolled my eyes and did my best to stay away from a snarky remark. Besides, he was driving me all the way to Minnesota! He might be annoying, but the only other option I had to get to the Witch Hallows would be to run, and judging by my current state I would probably make it about five yards then collapse.

"Okay I know what I said was out of place," he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. I nodded along with him. "I uh- apologize. But on a different note, would you believe me if I told you we were here?" He shot me a genuine smile. I knew he was a nice guy, but something tells me he is rarely exposed to unmated females his age.

"No way!" I used all my might to sit up. I was actually going to finally meet the Elder Witch. I probably looked like a little kid in a candy shop, but I was overcome with happiness.

I was finally going to be with someone who has been "gifted" like me! It made me even happier to learn that she's a friend, since she had been helping the Moonlight Pickers Pack.

Tobias seemed like he knew where he was going, because he turned into a small clearing between two large trees. We were four wheeling now, but the farther we advanced a road started to appear.

We came across a huge mansion. If it was any bigger I would call it a castle. I couldn't see it from the road, but then again we are in the middle of a witch fortress. Being here already made me feel so much stronger. I felt my energy slowly creep back into my body. He drove up the driveway and parked in front of two sliding glass doors.

I'm convinced this place is more of a hotel, because Tobias turned off the car and tossed a young man his keys. It looked to be a valet station, but considering we are in the middle of no where I don't know who else would need their cars parked...

Tobias came around the car and opened the door for me. I climbed out of the car looking for a balance.

All of this was so ironic to me; I was so desperate for help that I traveled to the damn Witch Hallows, and I was just now regaining my energy. Needless to say, the "vasílissa" was barely holding on- and a whole species was suppose to look up to me.

I laughed to myself, and I saw Tobias shoot me a confused look. I waved my open hand his way signaling he had nothing to worry about. I just carried on my way laughing at my comedic circumstances.

We entering a lobby where a few kids my age sat... we weren't alone here. I approached a desk where a middle age women sat reading a book. She look up through her designer glasses and smiled, "Juliette, we've been expecting you!"

She walked around the desk to the side I was standing on. My eyes flew over the group of kids talking. I prayed they didn't hear my name.

"Oh honey, they don't care. Everyone has secrets of their own," she winked at me and laced her arm through mine. "Everyone is here for a reason. Only the brightest, strongest, and wisest are brought here. We train you all to lead and use your born power."

"So what you're saying is that all the people here are 'gifted'," I asked trying to keep up with her fast pace without collapsing. I glanced back to make sure Tobias was still there.

"Yes honey, everyone here is gifted, but don't use those air quotes. We appreciate each and every gift that people bring," she lead me into an elevator. She pressed the 15th floor out of 16. In no time we were being lead out, "Well this is your floor. Get comfortable, because you might be here a while! Breakfast is at 8, you'll meet everyone there!" She waved goodbye as she climbed back in the elevator, "I almost forgot!" She pulled an envelope out of her back pocket and tossed it to me. "This is your room key! Oh and Tobias, I can help you find your way."

He pulled me into a hug, "If you need anything please let me know. I owe you big time, Juliette. And I'm, uh, sorry about earlier."

I grinned at his attempt to apologize, "It's okay. I'll probably be back to visit soon! Thank you for everything Tobias."

I let go of him and waved goodbye. I know I had known him for a whooping 24 hours (24 hours that I had actually been conscious for), but I liked him. I actually liked his pack, but that was neither here nor there.

After the elevator closed I realized I was alone. I looked at the envelope that read Room 151. I approached the door and was about to slide my room key in when I realized the it was already cracked. I opened the door to immediately be embraced by two familiar arms.

🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗🌔🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌗🌗

Okay so I finally have a plan for the story! Can't wait to share it with you guys ❤️❤️

Much love! Keep reading:)