Chapter 9

Adonis

"We haven't done anything wrong! Why would they be coming here for us?" I questioned Aiden and Jared.

"I heard they're visiting all packs in Washington. Something about the vasílissa," Jared explained.

The Order lives in an old town somewhere in Europe. The fact they are here is worrysome. The Order rarely leaves Europe unless matters are extreme.

"When will they be here?" I questioned.

"Right now," a cool voice commented from behind me. I had heard the voice only once in my life, but I knew immediately who it was.

I turned my head around to reveal a middle age werewolf. Theon. He wasn't the highest ranking Order member, but he was higher than most. He was one of the werewolf king's closest allies and did all the work involving pack communication.

Following Theon was a small group of people age ranged from about 19 to 40... immortals. The Order is comprised of some of the first werewolves as well as werewolves with gifts. Once you join The Order you are given the gift of immortality. This has caused questions over the years, but the traditions always continue.

"I hope we can make this quick," Theon commented in his thick English accent. "I'm sure you all know why I am here. The werewolf witch is said to be on the move. We have reason to believe she is somewhere in Washington. We are taking precautions before anything escalates, since she is extremely dangerous. We believe she has murdered hundreds of people. For that reason it is best to eliminate the threat early."

"We're one step ahead of you," Aiden commented proudly and cocky as ever. "My pack has been prepared for any possible vasílissa threat."

"Don't you dare call her vasílissa. She is no queen! You already have a king and calling a criminal a queen is a complete insult to him!"

"My apologies," Aiden said and bowed his head. You'll rarely see an Alpha bare his neck, but the Order is the highest power and is above every werewolf pack.

"As I was saying, you must be prepared for her. We have equipped every pack in the North-West with weapons to wound her. We don't want her dead. If you kill her it will lead to the extinction of your pack and that is a promise!" If you haven't gotten the idea Theon is very harsh. My mom told me that his mate killed herself hundreds of years ago and he has never been the same since.

"How do you propose we wound her?" I spoke up.

"We have crafted a strong wolf banes combined with an element of fire. It will leave her wounded until it is removed. We are the only ones with the power to remove it, so if you are to wound her you must contact the Order immediately."

"Who did she kill?" I spit out before realizing I was questioning the integrity of the Order.

"Curious aren't we Adonis? We have tracked her back to the killing of many kids in California. We hope with your help we can catch her before that happens again."

We all look horrified at the fact someone would be cruel enough to kill innocent children.

"We advise you to stay safe! These are dark matters, and having such a dangerous person so close is terrifying. She will be cunning- do not let her get in your head. For the safety of your packs and families always be on alert!" Theon was practically yelling. He had sounded like he rehearsed this speech in the bathroom mirror before coming here.

Theon then turned his back to the rest of the Order and the other alphas. He approached me with a strange look on his face and whispered, "The Order is counting on you for this. After the werewolf witch is caught we hope you are still considering our offer. Imagine a life surrounded by people like you- they never grow old and you would spend your life with men and women who share similar gifts."