Chapter 12

Juliette

My life has been shit. After that night Daemon has kept an even closer eye on my than before. He was trying to relocate us, but after talking to my brothers they decided it was best to stay. The werewolf packs in Washington were very aware of who left and entered the state. On top of that my heat was hitting. It came in short waves but it was enough to keep me on my feet. My heat has never been this serious before but now I could only hope it stayed minimal. I couldn't risk my sex drive interfering.

I got to stay in school, since they believed pulling me out would also raise questions. Although I never talked to anyone school was still my favorite part of the day.

The idea of being mated was exciting. My friends back home were all starting to mate before I left, so the fact that I might've had someone made me forget about everything else. The idea of it blinded me from the reality; it was a spell. Daemon said Adonis was apparently Alpha of his pack. Since Alpha's feel the mate bond different somehow my protection spell interfered causing him to think I'm his mate.

I was a little disappointed when I heard this, but he said the only way to knock Adonis out of the trance was to stay away from him. So that's what I did and am doing.

After I killed the men in the forest we had to take more precautions. I hadn't shifted into my wolf in weeks. Although Tara grew distant, she knew it was too risky to shift these days and understood. She would only come out when she felt sexually aroused which brought me a lot of problems.

I hadn't realized how deep in thought I was until I heard Mr. Warbler shout my name, "Ms. Samuels! For the last time, did you do your homework!?"

I nodded my head yes and handed him my crumpled up assignment, "One point off for the poor state of this paper," he mumbled under his breath.

To be honest I didn't care what state my paper was in. It was the least of my problems. I really didn't care about school itself. I treated school as me time. All my time at home was spent practicing. Daemon was helping me perfect spells I hadn't been able to master back in California.

It was so nice coming to school and not having Daemon breathing down my neck. I spent most of my time daydreaming and trying my best to ignore Adonis. He was so persistent. We may not have been mated, but everything about him really was attractive.

"Adonis, can you run these up to the supply shed?" Mr. Warbler questioned and motioned to a pile of boxes.

I rolled my eyes. Mr. Warbler had some kind of man crush on Adonis. It was so obvious, and it annoyed the fuck out of me.

"Of course!" Adonis said. "You wouldn't mind if I brought someone? I don't think I can carry this on my own."

Bullshit. Adonis could for sure carry the three boxes on his own even if they weighed a 100 pounds a piece.

"Of course!" He responded and tossed Adonis the key to the storage room.

"Megan, could you help?" He asked me and I looked up from my paper.

"Pass," I said and smiled continuing my class work.

"This will count for participation points Megan," Mr. Warbler called from behind his desk.

I reluctantly got up out of my seat and walked towards the boxes. I picked up one and lead the way out the door. I could hear Adonis laughing behind me.

"Can we get this over with? I'm missing class," Adonis was far behind me taking his sweet time.

"Sure thing beautiful," he responded and picked up the box out of my arms.