Chapter 5

Juliette

After about an hour of driving we pulled up to a small house. It was one story and was centered in the middle of a quaint neighborhood. The house looked to be a little outdated but very homie at the same time. There were large oak trees growing everywhere I looked. It was so serene I almost forgot about the reason I really came.

"I haven't finished unpacking yet so just ignore the junk," Daemon told me as he opened the door to reveal moving boxes and unassembled furniture.

"Did you move here for me?" I ask a little stunned.

"Yeah I did."

He moved for me? I hate the idea of people making sacrifices to ensure I survive.

As if he could read my mind he said, "Don't worry, it was time I relocate anyways."

"Well I appreciate everything you're doing for me," I smiled. "Thank you."

"You could thank me by letting me sleep," he let out a laugh and motioned for me to follow. "My rooms at the end of the hall. Your room is on the other side of the house. Just knock if you need anything."

I nodded and headed to my room. The house was very contemporary for such an outdated exterior. I walked through the kitchen poking my nose through boxes. In the following room there was a small TV set up and a couch. I walked down another very short hall to my room.

I opened the door and inside was a desk and a queen size bed. I was so used to my room being covered in pictures and paintings in California. It was weird having this transition to a blank room. I did however love my connecting bathroom and large closet. Not sharing a bathroom was a luxury I never had.

I climbed into bed and stared out the window. I was getting a little home sick and missed my friends and brothers. It was weird not having anyone to text at night or talk to. I fell asleep as my thoughts took over.

🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗🌔🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗

Nothing much happened this chapter! Julie finally got to see her new house. This was more of a filler chapter but it also helps you to see that Daemon made a big sacrifice for Juliette.

Much love <3 thanks for reading!