Chapter 14

Adonis

Megan hasn't been to school in a week. I regret telling my friends that she is my mate, because they don't seem to understand her circumstances. Claire wouldn't talk to me after I told her I marked Megan. I totally deserve it, but the others didn't seem to understand why.

Normally after someone is marked they will feel the intense connection between them and their mate (if they are mates). Instead she basically rejected me without rejecting me. What will packs say when they hear that?

My mom said to give her time. She's probably right, but the way Megan looked at me seemed like she really didn't think I was her mate. Surely humans or whatever she is must feel something.

The worst part of it all is that I marked her when she didn't want to be marked. It's a rule all werewolves are suppose to follow; don't mark someone without their permission. It's soul crushing knowing that I've caused her pain. I wish I could take it back and start from the beginning.

On top of everything I'm supposed to be at my best right now. I can't do that when all I think about is her.

Theon was suppose to be here already, but hasn't showed up. He said we had some vasílissa business to deal with. I wish I could just say no, but going against the Order is like asking for a death wish.

It started to rain by the time Theon actually showed up hours later. It was almost midnight. He didn't have the large mob following him like last time, but only two men.

His knock was loud and could be heard from a mile away. He told me only to bring my beta to keep our meeting under the radar.

"We found her," Theon huffed as he walked in the door. "The werewolf witch- we found her."

"How?" I asked eagerly.

"It's said to be a genetic thing. We've had our eye on a family for a while, but they only had sons never any daughters," Theon might be an old werewolf but his lying was terrible. "They adopted a three year old child about 14 years ago. Apparently that was somehow their genetic child."

"The Order never caught on sooner?" I asked with disbelief in my voice. It's hard to believe they would fall for such a lie.

"We had no reason to believe she was dangerous. She had no resemblance to the other vasílissa," Theon went on with his story. To be quite frank I had no idea what the hell was the truth.

"Well what's her name? Where is she from?" Theon seemed to be dragging on this conversation.

He motioned for one of the men to bring over a bag. He opened it and set a large tablet on the table. He swiped his finger aimlessly around the screen, "She is sister of Alpha Francisco Artemis of the Moonlit Warriors pack. We aren't sure if they are apart of protecting her."

I knew exactly who that was. They were one of the biggest packs in California and well respected. The irony of it all is that they are known for always playing by the rules.

"Are you sure about that? Are you positive? I've never heard of that pack having any run ins with trouble. To be harboring and related to the va-," I stopped myself. "...to the werewolf witch is a big accusation," I told Theon earnestly.

Luckily he didn't take my questioning wrong. I met Francisco once and he was honest and seemed like a good guy. That's a lot coming from me.

"We are positive. We had a source who revealed everything to us. She is for sure their biological child. Apparently she ran away months ago. There is a chance she's not even in Washington," this seemed to be the only thing Theon wasn't lying about.

I didn't want to come off as rude, but I wanted to see who the hell this girl was. As if on que the power went out. Theon started impatiently tapping his screen like a little kid, "Why isn't it loading? I hate all this damn technology."

I lit a few candles then walked over to Theon's screen. Weirdly enough the cell towers didn't seem to be working either. He wasn't getting any service which meant nothing was loading.

"Just show us a picture of her, we will start looking tonight," if Theon didn't take so long to get here we could've already caught her.

"I'm trying!" He half yelled as if I was attacking him. "All of our files are online and I can't open them without that cell stuff."

I ran my fingers through my hair, "You don't even have a picture? That's all we need."

"Yeah I do. She's the one on the left. Juliette Selene Artemis," he switched between files before finding the picture documents.

"No way this is her," I told him in disbelief. It was by far the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She had this luscious brown hair with piercing green eyes. Her smile was absolutely perfect and it held innocence. I knew her, I know this girl. It was a picture of her and two friends. She was laughing and seemed to have not a care in the world.

"Just because she's beautiful doesn't mean she's any less deadly, Adonis," he told me as if reading my mind. "Do you recognize her at all? She might've had tattoos on her body as well," he pointed to black ink on her arm and a little bit poking out of her collar.

"I don't think so," I replied to him. "She looks familiar but I can't quite put a finger on it."

🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗🌔🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗

So the Order is officially onto Juliette. How long do you think it will take Adonis to figure it out?

Thank you for reading!! <3