Chapter 11

Adonis

"Take care of yourself kid?! Who says that!" I was talking out loud to myself, but the encounter with Megan's ride made me so mad.

As Alpha of Crimson Midnight anyone in their right mind would know they must respect me. If I were to see that guy one on one I would've set him straight. It made me even more angry at the fact I knew they weren't siblings. They looked nothing alike.

I knew I needed to steady my thoughts. There was a killer out, and there were people we needed to protect. I shifted into my wolf leaving scraps of clothes behind. My beta had sent me the coordinates of where the bodily remains were found.

I ran through the woods for a while until I finally caught a whiff of my pack members. I shifted out of my wolf and approached. Kaden threw me some clothes, and I put them on.

Claire, our pack witch, was on the ground slowly moved her hands over the ashes. I couldn't make out any bodies, but I knew she would get to the bottom of it.

I looked around and realized that Aiden and Theon were here too. The four men were apart of Aiden's pack, and Theon must've heard the news. Theon walked over to me and repeated what I had already heard over the phone, "There were four men here who's head were cut clean off."

"Are we absolutely positive it was the werewolf witch?" I knew better than to say vasílissa in front of him.

"We are pretty sure," he let out a laugh. "Who else would have the strength to do that?"

Suddenly Claire fell back and was no longer in a spell trance, "Well?" I asked her impatiently.

Claire was stuttering. She was an extremely powerful witch for being only our age, "The men... they died afraid. But before that... before that they were hostile," I could see her brain trying to put the pieces together. "I think... I think they were going to hurt her, so she killed them first. They were going to hurt her... the werewolf witch," she stopped talking and her eyes rolled back into her head. "She's just a girl! Don't touch her!"

I've seen Claire become like this only a few times. Occasionally when she is trying to retrace what happened she will go back and live out the event. It was a rare trait to have as a witch, and I could tell when I looked over to Theon that he was intrigued.

As she continued to switch between incoherent screams and mumbles Theon asked me, "What is she doing?"

"She has the ability to go back in time and relive a memory through the dead," I looked over at Theon and his eyes revealed want.

"How did you get her?" He asked curiously.

"Well we don't own her," I shot back. "But I saved her from a group of witches many years ago, and we took her in. She was mated to a werewolf in our pack, Kaden, and has been loyal ever since."

"Interesting," he muttered under his breath switching his gaze between Claire and Kaden.

She had finally snapped out of the memory and was calm again, "She was just trying to protect herself. They were going to hurt her..."

Theon started laughing no longer interested in Claire, "That's ridiculous! I'm sure you saw it wrong, because I'm sure the men were protecting themselves from the werewolf witch."

"She never gets it wrong," I told him challenging his statement. He had insulted our witch as well as my friend.

I shouldn't have challenged what he said, but it was too late. "I told you she saw it wrong. All of you heard it wrong. The men were attacked by the werewolf witch out of no where. I will never hear this made up story told by this foolish girl again!"

I have never liked the Order. The rules they enforced only seemed to benefit them. Theon was threatening us to lie, because somehow the idea of the vasílissa protecting herself was too much to handle.

Everyone had nodded their heads in approval, but not me. The Order needed to know where I stood, "Don't forget who you're fighting for. The Order will set you straight if you forget."

Theon's words burned into me as my eyes shifted away from him. I was examining everyone's facial expressions, but when I looked back at Theon he was gone.

I didn't care how or where he went; I was just happy he was gone for tonight.

As everyone departed from the crime scene, but Henson, Kaden, Claire, and I stayed behind. Once I was sure that everyone else was out of listening range I finally started questioning Claire.

"Did you see her? What did she look like? What actually happened?" I knew I was asking these questions too fast, but I had to get to the bottom of it since Theon refused to listen to the truth.

"She was trying to protect herself," Claire's voice was so quiet I could barely hear her. "I don't think she's bad Adonis. She didn't have an evil aura around her."

"I know you're a little shaken up right now," I told her calmly. "She might've been trying to protect herself at the time, but we can't take the chance she's not evil. The last vasílissa tried to destroy everything Claire."

"But what if she's better than that! Would you kill someone innocent because of what the Order said?"

As much as I hated to admit it, I had to take Theon's side on this. I don't condone the lying, but the chances she's good are outnumbered by the chances she's bad, "I understand you didn't grow up listening to the same stories we did Claire, but the vasílissa isn't good. Tell me one thing, you said she didn't have an evil aura around her. Did she have a good aura?"

Claire reluctantly shook her head no. "That's why we can't take a chance. We can't risk going against the Order either. It's not safe for our pack."

"I understand," she responded.

"Thank you," I told her. "You said she was 'just a girl'. Did you see her face?"

Claire's eyes now rested on me. Without breaking eye contact she stood up off the ground, "No. I didn't see her face, but she was younger than we thought. That's all I know."

"You better not be hiding anything," I growled. Kaden was about to say something protective over Claire, but I shot him a look.

"I'm not hiding anything, Alpha. I promise."

🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗🌔🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗

Thank you for all the support:)❤️ I'm super appreciative!! I love all the feedback!

Much love<3