Chapter 24

Juliette

I woke up to the sun seeping in through the window. I closed my eyes and basked in the warmth as I slowly stretched. Wait wait wait.

My eyes shot open as I flew off the bed. The IV ripped from my arm, but the pain was temporary. I had no idea where I was, and I only remembered glimpses of last night. Apart from not knowing where I was, I also was wearing clothes that I recognized as mine. I knew I was never able to change, yet somehow I had my possessions again.

I noticed my bag in the corner, so I grabbed it and threw it over my shoulders. Just as I was about to leave the room someone burst in.

"Oh good! You're awake," an older women entered. Her delicate voice convinced me I had no reason to worry. She looked to be in her mid fifties, and had gray hair that protruded from her roots.

"Where am I?" I asked her still taking in my surroundings.

"You're in the Moon Pickers Pack territory right now," she told me and smiled. "Everyone's been waiting to meet you! We can't believe that you, the vasílissa, came to rescue us all."

Ahhh now I remember, "Who did you tell I was the vasílissa?" I half asked, half commanded.

"Well our whole pack knows dear! They saw you shift three nights ago! Don't worry, your secret is safe with us," she said with a wink.

"How did you know I wanted to keep it a secret?" I asked her slowly.

"The elder witch told us! She was the one who told us where you would be too!" She said to me like it made perfect sense, and I was the weird one for asking. "Aren't you going to meet her soon?"

"Uh yeah, I was suppose to. How did she know where I was? And how did she tell you I'd be here before it happened? I never planned to stop here," I was throwing questions at her right and left.

"She's the elder witch of course! She knows everything!" Once again she acted like I should've already known this. I knew the elder witch was powerful, but I didn't know she literally kept an eye on everyone 24/7. "I see you found your stuff! We had some pack members return to the motel to get them for you!"

"Thank you," I sincerely said to her. "Hold up," I was still processing a large amount of this information. "How long did you say I have been here for?"

"You were out for three nights! Many people have visited you, from our pack of course. We were starting to worry, but the elder witch said to give you time."

Three nights. I had lost three nights.

"Don't worry," she said. "Relax, no one knows you're here! You're safe!"

After answering every one of my questions the women issued me out the door and down a large flight of stairs. There sat around a hundred people eating. It was a fairly small pack, but then I remembered they probably lost quite a few people during the fight.

The pack house was very homey. It reminded me of a rustic forest house. Once the older women's presence was acknowledged they stopped eating.

I smiled for her to walk past me, since I had lead the way down the stairs, but she shook her head.

"No, they're looking at you!" She said and flicked the back of my head in a motherly way.

I slowly finished my way down the stairs. It felt a little awkward to be honest, but I just smiled. A tall man looking to be only a year older than me approached.

Talk about a tall drink of chocolate milk, I whispered to Tara. She completely ignored me, and I knew she was rolling her eyes at my side comment.

He bowed in front of me and flashed me a smile, "We can't tell you how appreciative we are! We are forever in your debt..."

"No please!" I interrupted and returned the smile. "No, I really don't deserve any credit. Your pack has held their own for quite some time."

He beamed at his pack, "We tried, we definitely aren't warriors so there was only so much we could do."

I sat and ate breakfast with the pack. They were kind people and I felt immediately close to them. I think I enjoyed the fact that they weren't fighting-oriented so their concerns were elsewhere.

They were an old and established pack with roots dating back millennials. I was talking with Tobias, aka Alpha aka tall drink of chocolate milk, when a girl about my age approached me.

She hands and forearms were covered in dried blood. She began to speak and bowed to me, "Vasílissa, please help me. Some of my people- your people are not healing."

"No need to bow. Show me," I told her and stood up. I waved good-bye to Tobias; he seemed confused by my sudden departure.

She briskly proceeded from the room and entered an infirmary in the next building over. She walked over to one women specifically and her eyes filled with tears, "My mother- her body is rejecting the blood transfusion. She won't be able to heal if she doesn't get the blood." 

I walked over and traced my fingers along her temples. I muttered a few healing words and her body seemed to take it. I pulled out the IV and I could hear the girl gasping. The women slowly smiled and fluttered open her eyelids. The girl ran over and embraced her mother in a hug.

I proceeded to the next person doing the same thing. I was still weak from whatever happened the other night, but I didn't care. Right now my priority was to heal these people.

I know I didn't owe them anything, but I felt like I did. Something inside me just made me want to help these people.

I went around healing about 32 people. Some of them still laid unconscious, but would soon wake up; some woke up immediately.

I stumbled out of the infirmary, and back up to my sleeping quarters. I felt so dizzy and I swear I was about to yack. I entered the room and my vision became foggy. I knew exactly what was happening as everything around me went black and I fell into unconsciousness.... again.

🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗🌔🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗

Keep reading❤️❤️

Much love:) thank you for the support!