Chapter 21

Adonis

"How are you feeling Alpha?" Kaden asked awkwardly as I made my way back to the school.

"Fucking terrible, there's really no reason to even ask unless you are trying to upset me," I was walking in front of him, but I could feel his face drop at my response.

I walked into Economics and sat at the back of the class. No one talked to me because they knew the response they would get- fuck off.

I popped in my headphones and enjoyed the peace my music was bringing. I should've known it wouldn't last.

Someone tapped the back of my shoulder, but before I could say anything Brianna already started flapping her annoying ass mouth, "Someone's got their panties in a bunch. You haven't been acting this bitchy since before Megan got here. Although she wasn't my favorite person ever at least she kept you a lot less mean."

"You have some nerve to be talking to your Alpha like that, Brianna," I looked her way with a scowl. For a minute she seemed worried, but then she shrugged it off and kept talking.

"Someone needs to put you in your place. Henson should've already done it, but I guess I have to. You better decide whether you are continuing with or without Megan. Your pack needs you."

Ah, the beta female taking over. She really was a pain in my ass, but Brianna was right. I need to get my shit together.

I sent her a weak smile, "Thanks Bri, I needed to hear that."

She started walking back to her seat and stopped. Brianna turned around and slowly shuffled back over to me, "Um I don't know if it counts for anything, but Claire has been keeping an eye on Megan. I don't know why, but she might know something," she proceeded to walk to her seat and left me with that. 

There is no way Claire would betray me like and not tell me what she's been up to. I wouldn't put it past her, but I would highly doubt it.

School seemed to drag on all day. By the time it ended I found my friends and offered them a ride home. I know I haven't been the best Alpha, and I owe them for it.

They happily climbed in my car, and we spent the ride home talking about Mr. Dean's new girlfriend.

"No way! It's disgusting! He's at least 60 and she's like 35!" Henson was arguing with Claire.

"What if they're mates?" Claire shot back and starting laughing. "They could've just gotten a late start on things... like a really late start."

We all burst into laughter, "They're not even werewolves, dummy!" Brianna interjected.

It was nice listening to them argue about teenage stuff. You never know when it's all going to go away.

We finally got back to pack territory and I dropped them off, "Hey, could you help me with something Claire?"

She nodded her head and seemed almost nervous. I swear she knew what I was going to ask.

As soon as the rest of them were out of hearing distance I had to ask, "What do you know about Megan?"

She was contemplating something for a minute, "How much do you love her?"

I never said anything ever about loving her. Yes I've thought it, but never proclaimed it out loud.

"More than life itself," I told her back.

"But you don't even know her. Are you willing to accept her for her no matter what?" Claire definitely knew more than she had been leading on.

"Yes I am," I said to her nodding my head. "Throw it at me."

🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗🌔🌕🌖🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗

How much do you think Claire knows?

Thank you for getting this far in my story!! I appreciate every read <3