41~ Locked Up...Again

Depuis le début

Time passed by and I had no clue what time of day it was. Minutes bled into hours which seemed to bleed into days though that wasn't possible since I didn't have anymore than 24 hours.

The door was locked securely, and the room all around me was made of pure stone. How the heck was I going to escape?

In movies and books there was always something lying around or one loose stone that helped actors escape. But there was nothing and I winded up just kicking the door every now and then.

At one point I chucked one of the chairs at the door but just ended up straining my rotator cuff so that was pretty useless.

You're more powerful than you think. You're the one to defeat the evil genie. It's been woven in your destiny since the moment you became a Genie.

"Destiny my ass," I snorted under my breath. "I told you to leave the whole Chosen stuff in Star Wars where it belonged Taehyung, dammit."

What was I supposed to do? Love induce the door to open?

There were no guards patrolling and if there were they were strictly ignoring my yells for help at one point so I couldn't love induce any of them.

"I'm sO mUcH mOrE PowerFuL ThAn I tHink," I mocked myself before collapsing against a wall.

I buried my head in my hands. When I'd left Jungkook it had been light out, so he was safe from Tyson. But if night fell and he was still there then he was in danger. Genies weren't bound to the same rule of no harm when it came to humans. A genie could kill a human if they really wanted to.

If something happens to Jungkook I'll never forgive myself, I swallowed a small lump in my throat.

An image flashed across my mind. When I'd admitted I'd never truly fallen in love before. The true care and gentleness that had been laid bare on his face. No matter how sarcastic or flippant Jungkook was to me, he'd still taken me seriously and had held me.

How did I even get myself into such a tangled mess in the first place?

How did Jungkook even find my lamp? Those who wanted love found love genie lamps while those who wanted success or know the future found Oracle genie, etc. It was just how the spell worked.

Jungkook and his group had clearly not been searching for love when they found my lamp. And now because of that I had somehow gotten deeply involved with human affairs and resulted in trapped by a freaking evil genie with my heart stolen by a human.

Taehyung. Once again that rascal came into my mind. He was an Oracle Genie. He must have had some say in Jungkook finding my lamp.

Taehyung had some strange elaborate plan in his head from the very start, so it just made sense that he would've lead the others to my lamp despite the spell calling only for those who wanted romance in their lives.

"Anytime for your plan to happen," I grumbled under my breath.

I must have drifted off somehow because the sound of a door slamming open jerked me awake from a stupor I had no memory of falling into.

"Y/N get up." It was that jackass Genie again: Tyson.

"What? Why?" I blinked blearily, trying to regain my surroundings from my doze. "Has it been 24 hours yet?"

"Shut up!" Tyson looked ready to grab me, but the invisible wall was between him and I again preventing him from harming me. "Follow me or I'll make you follow me."

"You no good son of a..." My voice trailed off as I felt something surge in me.

Something I hadn't felt for a long, long time.

My power.

My full power potential was washing over me and I quickly realized what had happened: Jungkook had made a wish.

As if on cue, the command of his wish breezed through my mind and my chest twisted as the voice sounded exactly like his.

I wish you to love induce Evil Genie so you can escape...

Three last words following the wish were so quiet in my mind since it technically wasn't part of the actual wish. But I still heard it. And it made fire that had coursed through me back in the car when we were together resurface like never before.

I love you...

♡|♡|♡|♡|♡|♡