40~I Was a Real B in the Past

Start from the beginning

I froze.

I killed him? I killed someone in my past life? No way. No way no way no absolute freaking way.

"You killed me cold-blooded, princess," he sneered at me. "You were executed for high treason. But even death wasn't enough for you. Instead you became a Genie. A ghoddamn Genie."

"This makes no sense," I mumbled. "You're crazy. You're psycho."

"Oh no," he took a deep breath. "You see, Y/N. There are many theories out there of Genies and how and why they come to be. But here's the blunt truth. One becomes a Genie when one commits one of the blackest of crimes."

"If I was turned into a Genie because of murder, then there'd be countless Genies," I pointed out weakly.

"No, not just any murder," he grinned emotionlessly. "You killed me because you hated me, and you hated love. You hated the thought of love. If you'd been allowed to live and become queen, you would've been one of those ruthless queens who reigned terror on her subjects."

So basically I would've been one of those badass queens who knew how to kick ass? Sweet.

"So why the hell are you a Genie then?" I demanded. "And an Shadow Genie at that, one of the evil ones. If your theory is correct, wouldn't I have become an evil genie because of my evil crimes?"

Tyson shook his head. "No. Genies are cursed because of their terrible deed. You good genies are limited to only one special power, in your case love because you killed love itself. But those who are victims of such heinous crimes, we're turned to evil genies with unlimited power to get revenge."

I gulped. It still seemed ridiculous. Me. At one point that I had hated the concept of love I killed because of it. But... if I really thought about it, what was my concept of love before I'd met Jungkook? Before I'd met his group of friends?

I'd found it meaningless. Granting my master's wishes for lust and love without any second thoughts.

Flirting and playing with a few guys in the past, and then leaving them without regrets, never looking back to see if any of those guys had actually might have thought my feelings were genuine.

I had viewed love as something spendable. Nothing precious. Was that perhaps a reflection of my past self who had once hated love and wished for nothing to do with it?

"Look," I said slowly. "I'm sorry okay? I didn't even know I was like that in the past. But please understand that this current me would never kill someone on the basis of love."

"Sorry, huh? 'Current me'," Tyson rolled his eyes. "No one gets off a murder without a simple sorry. As for your reborn self, that's only because you think you found a special guy. What's his name again? Jeon Jungkook?"

I stiffened a little. "How do you know about him?" Protectiveness edged into me. No way would I let Jungkook even meet this twisted Genie if I could help it.

"Once again," he spread his arms out. "Genie with unlimited abilities. I enjoyed peeking in on you and him every now and then. Looks like things were getting kind of serious at times."

The icy cold feeling. It might have been a signal my body had sensed another presence and it might have been those times Tyson had creepily watched us.

"You're disgusting," I growled.

"Maybe I am," he shrugged, unbothered. "But it annoys me to see you coddle up to someone like that."

That's when I saw it: green.

The barest flicker of green in his aura and another revelation jolted through me. Somehow, maybe somewhere deep, he still had some sort of weird twisted attraction towards me. And was now pissed that I might have finally accepted love as it was, and it wasn't with him.

"Fine," I took a deep breath. "So now that history lesson is over with, will you let me go?"

"Not quite," Tyson chuckled darkly. "There's one last thing I need from you."

"I have no money, job, house, or friends, so I have no clue what that might be," I crossed my arms.

"I need you to help free me from my Genie state."

♡|♡|♡|♡|♡|♡