June dropped her eyes. Everything he said sounded so logical, so why did it feel so wrong? "There was no need to humiliate her that much."

"Ah c'mon June! They will throw some insults to her for a couple of weeks, then there's no fun in it anymore. Yeah, she feels like shit but it's not forever! If she loses friends it isn't because of us, it's because of her own behavior. She's toxic June, she sucks you dry like a fucking parasite! Sometimes you meet people you gotta let go. Why are you clinging so much to her? Ever since we spoke for the first time, she treats you like shit and that's for almost six months now! Is it because you feel pity, since she has no one else? That's not your problem, June. It might even be good for her; feeling lonely. Maybe she'll finally ask herself why nobody likes to be around her."

June heaved a sigh. She had no idea what to answer. Instead, she laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She had a headache. Juan laid down on his side next to her, one elbow propped up to support his head. With his other hand he took his phone from his pocket and started to type. "Gotta send Jordy and E a text," he explained. "They're also lookin' for you."

"Are they skipping school because of me? On their first day?"

Juan showed her a grin. He tossed his phone to the side and slipped his hand underneath her shirt, carefully, until it settled on her stomach. "Double dating in detention. Can't think of a more romantic beginning of this semester."

"It's not a good sign, me skipping school on our first day of school as a couple."

He chuckled softly. "As long as my good girl won't turned into a crazy wild chick, I'm fine with it." His lips found a sensitive spot in her neck and she closed her eyes. Heat gathered in her stomach when he started to suck her skin. 

"Don't you think a hickie is going to contribute to the wild chick image?"

She felt him smirk against her skin. "Gotta show the world somehow that you're mine until I've saved enough money to buy you a ring, right? I kinda like the idea of a permanent hickie."

He leaned over her, carefully burying her with small kisses. At every spot receiving his love, the pain faded – although his words could also be the reason. "I bet you're the only sixteen year old boy who thinks about things like that."

"About what things, June?" With a smirk, he looked down on her. "What kind of ring do you think I'm talkin' about?"

Her cheeks started to flush, making his grin wider. 

He took her hand, pulled it to his lips and pressed a kiss on her left ring finger. "One day, I'm gonna shove a ring around this finger." He repeated the act with her other hand. "And not much later around this one."

Tinglings spread through her fingers. She sat up a bit, stroking his cheek. "I love you, Juan Carlos," she said as their eyes locked. "I love you so much it scares me sometimes."

His hand raked through her hair, his fingertips slightly scraping her scalp, making it tickle. "I love you too, sweet June. And I know I always will. Every time I look at you, every time I touch you, every time I taste your lips... I know that you are everything I ever longed for and everything I will ever long for."

Again, his words made her blush. His fingers left her hair and caressed her neck and her side, before he moved them upwards again, spreading them loosely across her breast. He sighed softly. "I want to touch you so badly but I'm afraid to hurt you."

"You actually make me forget about the pain, every time I feel your lips."

He looked her. "You're serious?"