98 ~ an aquarium date

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong Lisa? What happened?"

"I... I just..."

Chaeyoung watched as Lisa looked up and blinked several times. Loose strands of tears slowly falling down her cheeks.

"It's okay. Take your time." She smiled, wiping the tears away and rubbing her cheek. Something she's sure Lisa has done to comfort her before.

Funny how the roles can easily reverse.

"Okay... I'm crying because..." Lisa whispered, looking back down. Chaeyoung removing her hand from her cheek. "I won't get to take you to Australia."

"Huh?" She mumbled. "That's why you're crying?"

"Yeah." Lisa said sadly, tears suddenly falling again.

"Lisa don't cry." Chaeyoung spoke worriedly. "It's okay... I knew it was all just talk. It's alright."

"It w-wasn't just talk." Lisa sobbed. "I meant e-every word. I was going to take you."

Roseanne felt her own tears starting as she looked at Lisa. The heartbreak on her face letting Chae know that Lisa truly did plan to take her to Australia.

God, Lisa probably already planned out the whole trip in her head.

"Y-You need a passport and ids and I t-thought we could fly just there and I-I'm such an idiot." Lisa cried, her head falling down and resting on her chest.

"You're n-not an idiot." Chaeyoung cried too. Light tears compared to Lisa's sobs. "You're the sweetest most thoughtful person I know."

"Of course I want to go to Australia with you, and of course I wasn't thinking about those things either. All I was thinking about was how much fun I'd have, exploring Australia... with you." She spoke.

"But, even if we can't do that, that's okay. You know why?"

"W-Why?" Lisa spoke sadly, muffled against her shirt.

"Because no matter where I am, as long as I'm with you, I'm as happy as I can ever be."

Lisa looked up to her with her heartbroken eyes. Smiling sadly. "That's why I w-wanted to take you." She spoke. "So you'd be happier."

"I couldn't be any happier baby. Not unless it's our wedding day or something." She smiled, absolutely meaning it.

"What about our honeymoon?"

"Okay, yes. I'll be a little happier on our honeymoon."

"Or the day we have kids?"

"And on the day we have kids."

"Or the day our kids have kids?"

"Lisa, we won't be having kids if you keep this up."

Chaeyoung smiled when she saw Lisa chuckle. Biting her lip and making a weird face at Lisa with wide eyes.

"Okay... I'll stop."

"And you'll stop crying too?"

Lisa nodded and fell back down, her arms wrapping around her.

"I love you so much. Everything will work out. That I'm sure of."

"How do you know?" Lisa whispered.

"Because Lis, that's something you taught me. And you haven't been wrong yet."

"Except for when I lied to you."

"Are you seriously bringing that up now?" She questioned, laughing.

"What? No..."

"You're stupid."