Chapter 19: Two Days Before Christmas Part 4

Start from the beginning

"Aww, looks like you've just got burnt…" The Blaziken said and then laughed at the Lucario who was in pain. Even if it was only his shoulder that was hit, it felt like his whole body is in pain; this was the part where he regrets he's a steel type.

'Lucas…' Lily was scared; he got burned because he tried to save her.

"Now let's heat things up!" He shouted as he darted towards them.

"Argh!" Her arm glowed brightly green as it completely enveloped her arm and elongated into a sharp blade.

She swung her Leaf Blade attack at the Blaziken, but he managed to dodge every swing.

"Too slow!" He said with an arrogant grin as he charged up his fist for a Fire Punch.

'Oh no…' Lily was shocked, she was too close to him and there's no chance to dodge the attack.

But suddenly, Lucas appeared in front of the fire-type and speared his abdomen, forcing the air out of his body as well as his concentration as his attack was cancelled, he then swung his elbow against his cheek and then a hook on the other.

"Lucas!" The Leafeon was relieved that he saved her again, but this was not the time to be overjoyed, she has to concentrate on this battle if they have a chance to win.

"YOU!" The Blaziken became enraged as he swung his arm at the Lucario who quickly backed away to dodge his attack.

"HOW DARE YOU KEEP INTERFERING WITH ME!" He charged up his fist as it became enveloped with fire while Lucas's charged up his able arm as it glowed dark and became elongated claws as they collided against each other.

"Is that it?" Amidst in their struggle to overpower one another, Lucas taunted the angry Blaziken.

"Why you!" Rage clouded the fire-type's mind as the flame on his fist grew stronger, however, he completely forgot someone very important…

Paralyzing pain suddenly entered the Blaziken's body from his bottom as Lily, who was behind him, gave him a kick to the groins. He immediately lost his power on his attack as Lucas struck his chest with his Shadow Claw attack.

Lily then leapt towards the Blaziken and gave a roundhouse kick to the face as it sent to him flying towards the floor, but before he could land, Lucas quickly charged up power from his palms as a bright ball of energy was formed, he then released it towards the falling Blaziken as a powerful explosion ensued.

As the smoke cloud slowly dissipated, the two watched carefully at the result, hopefully, they will see the fire-type lying on the floor, fainted…

"!" They were both surprised as a bright, red glow emitting from the dust cloud; it became brighter and stronger as the two backed away a few distance.

"You two destroyed my life, everything… And for that… I'll kill both of you… and your family..." The Blaziken emerged, covered with dust with some scratches and bruises, his body was glowing brightly red. He then roared loudly as he channeled up power for this one and final attack.

His whole body glowed brighter, he turned his head towards the ceiling with his mouth wide open as a fireball was summoned, however it quickly grew larger and stronger. Sweat covered the faces of both Lucas and Lily as they could feel the intense temperature emitting from the Blaziken.

'Overheat…' Lucas suddenly realized something…

"Overheat is a double edged sword attack, the user can unleash very tremendous damage with just one attack and can turn the tides of battle at the correct situation, however, it consumes a lot of the user's power and severely weakens his defenses."