Chapter 2: Taste

Começar do início

Grabbing the ladder to take a box on the top of a shelf, I almost fell when I felt someone touching my calf.

"Riley." I turned to glance down at Paul, one of my colleagues. "A guy is asking for you outside."

I frowned and started descending the steps, my legs trembling a bit when my head started imagining things.

What if it was him? What if he came to look for me? What would I say? Would he shout at me in front of everyone? Would he dare to-?

My thoughts were interrupted when, opening the door, I met my eyes with a familiar pair of dark brown ones. I couldn't help but smile, relaxing at the sight.

The guy from yesterday, smiled too and approached me. "Riley, hey. Love the new look." He said touching his hair.

"Thanks." I tucked mine behind my ear as I averted my gaze sheepishly for a moment, playing with the rings in my fingers.

We stared into each other's eyes a few seconds until he talked. "I need your help again, you really helped me yesterday." He said joining his hands.

"So the date went well I suppose?" I asked raising my eyebrows a little.

He frowned and shook his head. "Oh no! It was horrible!" He made a face before shrugging. "Turns out she's super boring when she's sober." He chuckled. I shook my head amused. He examined me for a few seconds and when I was about to ask what was he wanted that time, he talked. "You look tired." He twisted his mouth. "Coffee?"

I frowned. "Uh-"

"Come on, how do you like it?"

"Cappuccino." I mumbled confused.

"Be right back." He nodded and turned around just to run towards the glass doors.

"Riley!" I glanced at Ashley who was showing me a yellow sundress. "I need this dress in a small!"

Giving her a thumbs up, I got out of the stockroom after a while, handing the yellow dress to the girl who asked for it.

"Oh, there you are! I thought you left or something." The brown haired guy handed me a cup of coffee as he drank his.

I glanced at the coffee, then back at him, then turned around to glance at Ashley. "I really appreciate it, but I don't think I can-"

"Ashley!" I stared at him confused as my manager approached us. "I know her. She lived in a few houses away from mine when I lived with my mom." He explained waving his hand. I nodded in understanding.

"Luca." She stared at him narrowing her eyes. "You shopping twice in less than 24 hours? Are you stalking me?" She asked amused. At that time I realized I had just learnt his name.

"Not in a million years." He shook his head in horror. He gestured to her with his thumb, now talking to me. "Her fiancé is Hulk, have you seen him? He would kill me."

I let out a chuckle. He surely was.

"Can you guys drink coffee during work hours?" He asked all of a sudden.

Ashley thought about it for a moment and then nodded. "Yeah, I don't see why not." She then grabbed his arm and raised her eyebrows, speaking in a warning tone. "Don't distract her too much, Luca. You're not the only customer in the store."

"I know, I know." He shrugged her hand off. "I just need her good taste. Come on." Luca shrugged a shoulder and nodded his head towards the shirts.

I followed him and took a sip from my coffee. I didn't know I needed it that much until that moment. He saw me closing my eyes in delight and chuckled as I blushed in embarrassment.