From A Cradle to a Grave

Y/n's POV

Flashback

I was sitting in the nursery writing a letter, when I heard a familiar voice, his voice.

"Writing a love letter to one of your many suitors? So who's the lucky recipient then — Marcel or Elijah? Don't tell me it's me." His comment making me laugh quietly. "I thought I was out of the running ages ago." Klaus said, cockily as he leaned against the door frame.

I looked at him with a smirk. Deciding to play a game. "Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. Perhaps it is for Elijah."

His face turned into a serious expression.

"Is that jealousy I see on the great Klaus Mikaelson." I asked, raising my brows, a smirk still planted on my face.

"No." He quickly said. "Besides, I thought you lost interest in me a thousand years ago." He says, jokingly.

I started laughing, smiling at him, as I know that he's only saying that ignoring the fact that we've kissed twice before gasping, as I felt the baby kick. "Oh!"

Klaus' smile faded and he walked closer to me, curiosity shown on his face.

"How is our littlest tribrid?"

"Do you want to feel?"

He hesitated, before smiling and taking a few steps forward until he was right in front of me.

"Come on." I told him, trying to encourage him.

He knelt down and slowly reached his hand forward to touch my belly. I watched his reaction when it kicked again, he gasped bringing a smile onto my face seeing his shocked. Which brought a smile to my face.

"Did you feel that?" I asked.

Klaus smiled before looking up at me, our eyes met for a long moment as I laid my hand on top of his. His smile faded as he looked at our hands. I remembered just how much I loved him when I...we were human. I never told him because of his love for Tatia, but in the end. I lost them both. He stood up.

"Right, I'll leave you to your secret love letter then."

When he left, I continued to write my letter.

"Dear, Serena,

Or Katherine, Artemis, Isabella, or whatever me and your father choose. Or if your a boy, Hunter, Jason, Ronald. I don't know what you'll be, but that doesn't matter. Your dad just asked is this was a love letter. I guess it kind of is. I never got to spend a lot of time with my mother. I haven't had one for a thousand years, I have no clue what she felt like when she carried me and your aunt. So, I thought I would write to you, so you know how happy and how much joy you've brought me, at this very moment. How much your father and I can't wait to meet you and I want to make you a promise of three things that you will have I never had:
A safe home, someone to tell you they love you every single day of your life, and someone to fight for you, no matter what. In other words, a family. So there you go, my little darling. The rest...we're gonna have to figure out together. I love you.