A Closer Walk with Thee

Death had struck New Orleans, while in the Bayou with the bombs and Eve's death. Apparently in the city, Father Kieran lost his life to the hex the witches put on him, leaving Cami mourning. So Hayley and Y/n dressed appropriately but Y/n had been quiet all morning, leaving Hayley to worry. Spotting Klaus and Elijah, they sat in a booth at the back of the bar, the two of them made their way toward them.

"I will warn you two, Niklaus is in a spectacular foul mood today." Elijah told them as they slipped into their seats.

Klaus gave Elijah a look. "Sod off." He grumbled, unamused. "What's the deal with these moonlight rings?" Hayley asked Klaus, Y/n sighed. "Oliver's trying to start a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling." Hayley continued.

"It's a day of piece, Hayley. Try and enjoy it." Klaus told her, his tone bored and uninterested. "And in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us." He spoke to Hayley.

"Awesome." She cheered, sarcasm in her voice. "Then, we can go back to doing that thing where you lock us in a tower, we escape and break your rules, there's drama, and you two both realize we are capable of looking after ourselves." Hayley told them, the cycle that's been on repeat.

"The rings are in progress, I will live up to my word, we will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou wolves and you will return to the compound for your safety. But right now, I'm gonna finish this bottle and then the next in the hopes of drowning the demon that has chosen today to haunt me." He held up the bottle in a roasting way. "Cheers, Mikael! Impeccable Freudian timing."

At the name, both Elijah and Y/n stared at him in shock.

"Elaborate." Elijah demanded. "Have you dreamt of our Father?"

Klaus looked at Elijah dryly. "Go ahead, have a good laugh."

"I can assure you there is no piece of this that I find even remotely amusing, Niklaus." Elijah said, firmly. "Especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too."

"That's not possible." Y/n denied, shaking her head. "We all can't all be having the same nightmare."

Klaus' eyes widen. "What?" To him he was both concerned and confused. Y/n wasn't born with Mikaelson blood but now she is carrying one. Unless, it has to do with the fact that she's known of Mikael's ways for a thousand years.

"If you are both also seeing him..." Elijah stops mid sentence, as he spots Genevieve. "Perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack."

"Well, considering her history. Wouldn't be to hard to identify as the enemy." Y/n mused, the Salvatore smirk appearing on her face. Both brothers look at her shocked, that she perfected it.

Hayley just watched as they formed a plan. "Well then." Klaus began, looking at the red headed witch. A smirk of his own shown on his face. "What better way to punctuate a day of peace than by killing someone?"

•~•~•

After the wake Y/n went back to the compound to try to get some rest, while Hayley went to go talk to Francesca, and after her nap she went to go look for Elijah. "Elijah." She found him in the study on the balcony, raising a brow at the witch.