Long Way Back From Hell

Elijah walked into the compound while Marcel and Y/n had just finished their conversation with a few guys. "Anything?" "They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere. Day walkers are working every contact we got. Cops, dock workers, guys in treme. Word is out. Anyone trying to earn favor with me gets a lifetime of it, if they find them." Y/n said. "Good, I need a pen and paper." Elijah walks off, but  Y/n and Marcel follow him. "Hey." He walks into one of the rooms in the compounds. "Am I taking orders from you now? Or are we in this together?" Elijah takes off his coat, Y/n raises a brow. "Pen and paper, Marcel. Now." "Look I want her back just as much as you do, you know. Both of them." Elijah takes off his tie as Marcel slightly goes to the other part of the room to find the pen and paper. "So you wanna tell why your stripping your upper half of the body? Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the show but this isn't how I imagined it." Y/n teases the Noble Original Brother. He ignores her. "Hayley!" "Elijah, you're back. Did you find any—thing?" She stopped when she saw him without his shirt on.Y/n looks at both of their faces as a smile happens on her face. 'This is gonna be one long run.' "What is happening." "I need you and Y/n to make a list of these names. Please." He told both girls. Hayley walked closer and examined his body, while Y/n saw the names on the front of his body. Hayley saw the arm written all over his chest, back and his arms, looking like tattoos. "Okay." Both girls saw a familiar name on his wrist, but Hayley decided to ask about it. "Sabine? Elijah, What is this?" "I believe they represent the names of women Celeste inhabited for two centuries." Marcel joined them and handed Hayley a notebook and pen. Y/n realized what happened to Elijah. "It's called the Devinette. It's old school, kind of a riddle. Witches use it to teach their kids, solve it and it disappears." She explains, her descendant asks. "Why? What's the point?" "Celeste forced me to make a choice between you girls and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice. Taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer. So to find Niklaus and Rebekah, we need to solve the riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these name." Y/n looks closer at a name next to Sabine. "The name next to Sabine, Annie La Fleur." She turns to Marcel. "You remember her?" He nods. "Yeah, she's a witch that was shunned from her coven over a year ago. We never knew why but I can find out." They both look at Elijah.

•~•~•

Elijah has called the Y/n after him and Marcel went around town for information about Annie. "She killed herself?" Hayley asked, shocked. The phone was on speaker. "Yes, drowned herself in the Mississippi, to be precise. Celeste was clearly tired of the body and was ready to take Sabine's." "How do you know that?" The Original Tribrid questioned. "Because she leapt to her death at the very location Celeste and I had our first kiss." "Poetic I guess." "I'm a creepy, vendetta kind of way." Hayley finished her ancestor's sentence. "All these name, these lives stolen that Celeste might take her revenge. I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us. Hayley, Y/n, I have to go. I'll call you back." As the h/c Tribrid was about to hang up she stopped as Hayley said. "Elijah, wait." "What is it?" Hayley sat down and glanced around the room before exchanging a look with Y/n and speaks. "Ask Marcel, is he know anything about a name on the list, Brunei Deveraux.  Sophie said it was her family's bloodline that put the curse on the Crescent wolves, but Celeste said she was the one who could break it. If Brynne Deveraux was actually Celeste when she cast the spell, maybe Celeste can still break it." "I'll see what he knows." "Elijah, I'm really sorry that you're going through this." She told him, sympathetically. "If we had known Celeste would make you choose who to help..." Both girls felt bad that they made Elijah choose them over his family. "You were gonna die in that fire, Hayley, along with your child. Y/n, could have lost her child. My brother's children. There was no choice." He hanged up, but despite what Elijah said. They still felt guilty.

•~•~•

Hayley and Y/n sat next to each other as they searched the internet for information on the witch named Clara Summerlin. Elijah told them that she was the only one on the list to not commit suicide. Both girls looked up when Elijah walked into the room. "Hey, look we found—." Hayley was cut off as he raised a finger to his lips and whispered. "You were right about the Deveraux witch." Before he could say any more, Marcel walked in. "Find anything on Clara the mystery witch." "Not much. She was a nurse at the Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium." Y/n said before looking up at Marcel. "Recognize her?" Hayley asked as she pointed to Clara in the picture. "Top row, second from the right." "No, I don't." Elijah answered before looking up seeing Marcel and Y/n looking at each other with weary expressions. "Marcel?" They noticed that the once rulers of New Orleans were nervous. "Marcel, do I need to remind you that Niklaus and Rebekah are somewhere suffering horribly? If you know something, talk." "The Sanatorium, that's where you'll find them." Marcel told the 2 who didn't know the story. "You sure? How do you know?" Hayley asked. "We just know." Y/n answered for him, vaguely. "How do you know?" Elijah repeated Hayley's question with suspicion. Marcel sighed before looking to the Original Tribrid. "If I'm right, you need to know exactly what we're walking into. We did something, Rebekah and I. I think the witches are trying to use it against her, it's something that, uh, your not gonna like." The two who knew looked down before looking at the Original vampire and the werewolf girl.

•~•~•

Marcel told them that he and Rebekah had summoned Mikael so that they could live their lives without having to worry about Klaus' consequences for them. "For the better part of a century, I have wondered how Father found us, what foolish mistake that we had made to destroy our time in the one place that we could finally call our home. Do you know I even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus?" Elijah said angry, before he grabbed Marcel by the throat and pushed him up against the wall. The girls instantly followed them. "Elijah." They said as they caught up. "Niklaus treated you like a son." He said, before tightening his grip. "Rebekah." "I loved her, I still love her. All we ever wanted was to be together but as long as Klaus was around, that was never gonna happen. But hey, I guess you wouldn't know anything about that, huh?" Hayley lowered her gaze, Elijah seemed to be thinking over too, before he let Marcel go. "Besides, I already got a year and a half of a torture from Y/n." She smirked remembering him begging for blood. She drained him for 9 months before giving him a blood bag. She left him to starve for the next 9 months, before ending it. "When Niklaus learns the truth, there will be no end to his rage. I will not let my sister suffer that wrath." "Then we need to get to them before he learns the truth." Y/n put a hand on Marcel's should Before a vision happened. 'Genevieve standing over Klaus. Her sliding her hand up his leg. Rebekah stumbling through the Sanatorium screaming Klaus' name. Klaus screaming Rebekah's name after he found out the truth.' She took her hand off his shoulder. "I think it's too late for that." The guys look at her with worried expressions, fearing on what's gonna happen.

•~•~•

Elijah parked the car as him, Marcel, and Y/n got out. "We should divide the building. I'll start at one end with Y/n, you at the other. They walk in and start there search.

•~•~•

Y/n and Elijah hear thumps and rush to a basement like room and see Klaus about to stab Rebekah. "You know...if you had offered me even a fraction of the same, i wouldn't have to do this." He gets ready to stab her but, Elijah vamp speeds over and drives Papa Tunde' knife into Klaus. He screams in pain, Y/n watches from the bottom of the steps while the 3 other vampires in the room watch. Klaus turns to Elijah with a tear in his eye. He turns to Marcel. "Go." Marcel quickly gets up and helps Rebekah. "Both if you, run as far and as fast as you can. Run!" They go up the stairs and Elijah lays Klaus on the floor as he groans while Y/n stands next to him. She puts a hand on his shoulder and a tear escapes and rolls down her face.

•~•~•

Next Post: August 1, 2019

I'm so happy to be writing this book. I did however notice that you guys haven't really voted, and I really hate to ask but can you guys please vote.