Tangled Up in Blue

Recap:
Rebekah: My brothers and I are the first vampires in all of history, The Originals. Recently we discovered Y/n Petrova, The Original Tribrid is alive. 300 years ago we helped build New Orleans. Now we've returned to find a city at war. The vampire Marcel leads an army against a coven of desperate witches. My brother Klaus is playing against both sides hungry for power and hoping to protect the werewolf and tribrid carrying his children. But Marcel has an advantage, he holds our brother Elijah captive with the aid of a secret weapon. Now in order to get back the brother I love. I have no choice but to side with the one I cannot trust.
•~•~•~•
3rd POV
Y/n and Hayley were sitting on the floor reading Elijah's journal,he was still neutralized and in the possession of Marcel and the witch, the witch Y/n has been trying to protect from the Mikaelson's. Klaus and Rebekah swore to do whatever it takes to get their brother back and both girls wanted to help. So their they were, looking through his stuff.

August, 1359

I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah has grown quite indifferent to brutality, however the true problem remains my brother Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path. A path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

"Hey find anything juicy in there" Y/n raised her brows at Hayley and smirked suggestively. She rolled her eyes in response. "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me," we heard Rebekah say. "You know how I love to set things on fire." "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Klaus said. "Besides they were my favorite responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying one of my children." " Aw, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf and Y/n carrying your hybrid and Tribrid buns in their oven," Rebekah replied with your sarcasm. Klaus laughed while the girls look at each other and roll their eyes. They got up and walked into the room where Klaus and Rebekah were, Hayley holding Elijah's journal to her chest. "She is not helpless and these werewolves would like to know what the plan is." Klaus looks at me with a raised eye brow but turns his attention to both of us. "Well that depends on what you mean, love. My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world." Y/n covers her mouth to muffle her laughs but Rebekah hears and playfully flares at her. Rebekah turns to her brother and gave him a fake smile before grabbing a pencil off the desk beside her and throwing it at him using supernatural speed, Klaus caught it before it could impale his face.

"The plan to rescue Elijah," Hayley expressed. "You know, the good brother. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." "In the front, if we're being specific," Klaus replied. " Hey Klaus can I see that pencil." Y/n asks, he throws to her gently but she throws it at supernatural speed. It catches him off guard and he doesn't catch it which it implants himself in his shoulder. "Oops. Sorry Nik, but it's a cruel, cruel world." Rebekah walks over and the girls high five. All the girls laugh until Klaus glares Y/n but she smiles innocently. "You two said that you would get him back," Hayley speaks up. "So is there a plan or what?" "Okay," Klaus walked into another room and we all followed him. "Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter with dear Y/n over here but a friend, nonetheless and secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known that he would place my brother in the hand of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a but differently and thirdly, sister, please." "And thirdly, the plan, as you two have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Hayley looks between them in disbelief while Y/n smirks. "That's not the whole plan is it?" Rebekah laugher. "Please. Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling but there is none more diabolical." "Well, that is only the Plan A, love," Klaus told Hayley. "There's always a plan B." "And what's plan B?" Hayley asked, not sure she was gonna like the answer. "War" Y/n said.
•~•~•
As the people in New Orleans continue to do whatever they do in their mundane lives, Marcel and Thierry are off getting ready for the charity event and chatting while Klaus joins them to ask for Elijah back but his answer is no.