Chapter 16: Manhattan's Most Eligible Bachelor

Serena turned in the dressing room, looking at her reflection dully. The blush colored shorts she wore hugged her in all the right places and her cropped crochet sweater gave her an enchanting look. Yet, the sight of her looking remotely happy was just a cover up for her true emotions. She sighed and took off the clothes and tried on the next few things her personal shopper had picked out. 

"Too...colorful." She thought as she tried on a bright blue romper with bell sleeves and beaded details. 

"Too bland." Serena said as she looked at the satin collared shirt hanging on the door. 

Everything she looked at was just TOO something, nothing seemed right. It was like her life, a jumble of disorganized thoughts that just didn't work. 

How did Blair Waldorf, her best friend since grade school, end up with Dan Humphrey, the boy she's wanted since he arrived in Manhattan? They couldn't have been more different. 

A knock on the dressing room door interrupted her thoughts and Serena called out, "Almost done!" No reply came as the door knob twisted and the door slowly opened.

Serena gasped at her reflection, she wore nothing but her nude colored underwear and bra. 

"Whoever you are, you better leave!" She cried out with a shaky voice. 

Before she screamed even louder, Dan Humphrey popped his head in, his eyes casted downwards. "Sorry if I scared you," He mumbled. Even after he said it, he made no move to leave the room and Serena hugged her clothes to her body, attempting at covering it up.

"Well, aren't you going to leave?!" She hissed. 

Dan's jaw became set and his eyes turned hard as he looked up and made eye contact with Serena. Her big blue eyes seemed to bore into him and he took a step closer, closing the door behind him. Serena sucked in her breath, speechless at what he was doing. 

"I...I need to tell you something." He said, his eyes still intense. They didnt wander to her exposed body, but remained on her shocked face. 

"What is it..." Serena whispered. The room felt hot as she felt the warmth emanating from his body.

"Serena, there's only you. Blair...she means nothing to me. No one means anything to me here but you." He breathed.

"How can I trust you when you just slept with her?" 

"Because, Serena. I felt nothing. I was relieving stress, and so was she. I don't know what's happening in your social circle, but I do know that what happened was not real."

"I want to believe you Dan, but we've tried to make this work and it never does."

"I'll make it work. It's all I want. Serena, I love you." 

Dan's eyes were earnest as he reached forward and placed his palm on her cheek. He leaned closer until their noses grazed. Serena's eyes casted downwards, but she couldnt help leaning in a little too. Their faces finally made contact as his soft, warm lips lingered over hers. Dan pulled her closer and kissed her with a bright passion. Serena dropped her clothes on the floor, pulling her hands forward and laying them on his back.

..............................................................

 Has our little caterpillar grown into a social butterfly? First out with the notorious Blair Waldorf, then smooching with blonde bombshell, Serena Vanderwoodsen, Dan Humphrey is moving from lady to lady before the blink of an eye. Unlike other guys in the Upper East Side, he seems to be evolving. But who really is the apple of his eye?

You'll find out first from me :) xoxo Gossip Girl~

Hi guys! We're so sorry for the long long LONG update, but school's been totally screwing our schedule. Please keep reading! If we ever decide to discontinue this fanfic, we'll be sure to let you know :)