Chapter 19: The Empire Strikes Back

Jenny paced around the loft biting her thumb nail. Her thin stilettos echoed on the hollow floors as she walked back and forth along the entryway. When Chuck called 30 minutes ago telling her that he was coming over for a "chat," she knew her cover was blown. Jenny was 1% terrified and 99% sure that she was DONE for. Chuck Bass comes with no compromise for revenge, especially when it comes to his Blair Waldorf. All she could think about was how she would beg for him to spare her. She was finally at the top of the social pyramid at Constance Academy, and she was devastated to lose her spot for the reason she gained it. All of Blair's minions lost their respect for the Queen B after the Gossip Girl blast about Blair's drug problem. Fortunately (and not coincidentally), Jenny swooped in as their new rightful leader. Chuck had mostly ignored her new reign, but it was obvious he felt no respect for Jenny's newfound popularity. A deep sense of pride overcame Jenny as she remembered the glorious days of having people tend to her every need every part of the day. She would miss having her errands done and homework completed without the lift of the finger. She would miss having lunch at a new restaurant everyday and flirting with the waiters. Most of all, she would miss the high she got whenever the girls looked up at her for directions. They treated her like she was a leader, one that was capable of ruling her own kingdom. And as any queen knows, every throne is worth fighting for.

Gossip girl here. The upper east side is flooded with tension. Is it just me or have our star celebrities seem to have gone in hiding? Dan and Serena were spotted in a quaint little coffee shop near Brooklyn. They sure were cozying up, and looked a little rumpled in all the best ways. Know what I mean? ;)

Chuck's nose wrinkled as he swept a judgemental eye over Jenny's loft. The walls seemed to be held together with wires and duct tape, and the decor looked close to the things he wouldn't even donate to the Goodwill.

"Why don't you have a seat?" Jenny smiled nervously as she gestured to the worn out brown couch.

Chuck smirked,"Maybe next time, Humphrey."

"Well can I get you anything to drink? Tea? Coffee? Water maybe?"

Chuck simply shook his head with a small smile on his face,"No need to kiss up to me Little J. I don't waste my time beating around the bush."

Jenny involuntarily gulped. "What do you mean?"

"I know what you did to Blair. I know you sent in that tip about her taking drugs at that party."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. There were dozens of people at that party, why would you possibly think it was me? Blair's my friend. I sat with her on the steps. Would I really do that to a friend?" Jenny asked as innocently as possible.

Chuck gave a menacing chuckle,"Listen. If you think I would ever believe a mere underclassman's word, your head must still be in the clouds. Your little choke hold over those mindless minions of Blair's was temporary from the start. No one messes with my girl and gets away with it. Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. I'm offering you an escape from my hell, or you can stick around and see how much lower I can push you down."

Jenny scoffed,"Please. I'm not scared of you. You have nothing but money. But look where I am now. I'm a poor chick from Brooklyn that's stooped into this city and this school with complete dominance. I'm stronger than your abused trust fund."

Chuck glared at Jenny with a burning hate. He wanted nothing more than to turn that pretty blond head of hers into a rag for his maids to clean with. Her inferiority was so obvious that her unexpected confidence did not phase him at all. She wanted a war? Well then damn it, she would get one.