Chapter 21: May I Have This Dance?

"What now?" Serena asked Dan as they cuddled under the sheets in her room. It was a sunny day that seemed endlessly long and perfectly cheerful. Dan and Serena had spent the entire morning snuggling in bed, watching movies, and (of course) kissing endlessly.

"We can watch the next episode of Law and Order?" He asked her while softly kissing her forehead.

Serena sat up and gave a long stretch before turning back to him with a playful pout. "We've been at this for 3 days now. Don't you ever plan on going to the outside world?"

Dan grinned sheepishly, "What can possibly be better than whatever's in here?"

Serena giggled happily. She loved hearing Dan saying mushy phrases of love and whispering flirtatiously in her ear. But at the same time, she missed her social appearances and the galas and the parties that she was undoubtedly missing. She was living, but missing out on what she did best: partying.

"Well as lovely as that sounds, the Met Gala's tomorrow and that is my favorite event of the year..." Serena said tentatively.

She could see a crease form between Dan's eyebrows as he looked up at the ceiling, "Serena, you know parties aren't my thing, let alone galas. I don't fit in with any of those people and I stick out like a sore thumb. Or like a homeless man in the middle of Bill Gate's mansion."

"Please, still be my date! I promise it'll be fun. Plus, you will stand out. But in a good way because I'll be your hot date." Serena nudged him pleadingly.

"I have nothing to wear..." Dan sighed, already giving in.

Serena laughed gleefully, "Well that's where I can play fairy godmother."

Jenny flipped through the latest issue of Vogue, staring longingly at the dresses modeled in each of the pictures. She longed to design her own fancy dress to an equally glamorous event, one that came in the form of the Met Gala; but she knew that an invite was basically impossible to acquire without a large fortune or an honorable status. Even so, Jenny longed for the day when she would be able to dress one of the attendees in one of her original gowns. 

Jenny felt a light tap on her shoulder before she slammed the magazine shut, biting her lip embarrassingly when she realized she was spotted drooling over a magazine by Tom. He looked down at her with a soft smile before placing his expensive lunch next to her measly cup of yogurt. 

"Are you planning on going to the Gala?" He asked Jenny.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe next year I will. I don't really have an invite..."

Tom smiled mischievously, "What would you do if I told you that I have a ticket?"

"I would be immensely jealous and force you to take a dozen pictures." Jenny sighed longingly. 

Tom's grin grew, "What if I told you my ticket had a plus one? And that I have no girl I'd rather ask than you, Jenny Humphrey?" 

Jenny gasped, staring at Tom with wide eyes. His face remained excited, with a touch of tender nervousness. As if she could reject a prince like him!

"Tom Bradford. Are you asking me out?" She whispered happily. 

"Jenny Humphrey, do you accept?"

It was the happiest moment of Jenny's entire life. 

"Dorota!!!" Blair screamed from her bedroom, "Prepare my bath!!"

Blair's maid came scrambling in the room, "Miss Blair, you're bathing today?"

Blair scoffed, "Of course I am, what kind of pig goes to the Met Gala with oily hair?"

Dorota's eyes glassed over, brimming with tears. She stared at Blair's triumphant smile. It had been almost seven days since Blair had actually left her room, and finally, she was done moping.

Blair Waldorf is back. 

Gossip Girl here, ready with the latest and greatest scoop for the upper east side. It seems as if our favorite melodramatic dream teens are back from hiding. Serena was seen scoping some snazzy dress shops for a fancy frock for herself and a sleek suit for her plus one. Who could her hot date be, and will their first appearance, per chance, be the much-anticipated Met Gala? Speaking of which, we all know Blair Waldorf is not only Queen B, but the queen of dramatic appearances. This time, her appearance (or lack thereof) will most likely crash and burn because of her weeklong 'MIA' status. This is one party you won't want to miss.

-XOXO Gossip Girl