Chapter 2: A Scandal Awaits

Serena pushed Beckerman's forceful and intruding body off of her own shaking one. Straightening out her twisted tube dress, Serena summoned as much dignity as she could and shakily confronted Chuck.

"Chuck, what are you doing here? I don't need your help."

"Well we both know that that's not the case right now, Serena." He answered matter-of-factly.

"I can take care of myself. Just leave!"

Beckerman stepped between Serena and Chuck and said menacingly, "You heard her. We're not up to anything, so you can trust that she'll get home safely."

Chuck sighed loudly and looked up at the dark night sky. He wore an annoyed expression and glared at Beckerman with a dark, smoldering eye, daring him to disagree.

"Serena's had enough for one night. And if you value your job, I'd suggest you stay away from her forever."

Chuck grabbed Serena's arm and pulled her away from the dark alley and Beckerman's stunned expression. Despite her recent protests, Serena allowed herself to be pushed into Chuck's black limousine waiting nearby.

Almost immediately, Serena began berating Chuck for his intrusive behavior. "Nothing was going to happen! I had everything under control when you decided to show up and act like my father!" Chuck sat silently in his plush leather seat, waiting for Serena to calm down. "I didn't show up to rescue you. I came for a different reason." He murmured. Serena turned her body towards Chuck's, "Is something wrong? What happened?" She asked worriedly. When the powerful Chuck Bass needed help, it was obvious that something was very wrong. As menacing as he was, Chuck's normally arrogant demeanor was greatly diminished as he sat silently looking out the window. He closed his eyes and rubbed his brow, looking much older than he actually was. Serena sniffed quietly and sat back in her seat, feeling more confused than before. Only the sound of crunching gravel was heard when the car slowly snaked up the Van der Woodsen's long driveway. Most of the lights inside were off because it was already 2 am. Finally, the car stopped and the engine fizzled until it turned off. Serena nudged Chuck cautiously, "Whatever is bothering you, I know we can get through it. You just have to tell me first."

At last, Chuck sighed and said, "It's Blair..."

~ {Spotted -- the notorious Serena Van der Woodesen was caught fleeing the scene.

Hmmmm...what could have been going on in a dark alley with an attractive blonde and a thirsty boy?

We could have found out all of the juicy details if it weren't for Chuck Bass's heroic chivalry and intimidating wealth...

But we all know a scandal when we see one. Chuck Bass is no Knight in Shining Armor, so what was his ulterior motive?

Whatever it was, you'll hear about it from me...

XOXO, Gossip Girl} ~