Chapter 9: Power Comes in Fours

"Don't look now," Chuck said grimly. He and Serena were standing on the curb by the shamed flower shop.

"Chuck, I'm not in the mood for one of your sarcastic remarks." Serena said grimly.

"No..." Chuck replied. His voice was distant and his eyes had locked on something in the street.

Serena followed his gaze and landed on a dated car.

"God, that thing has to be at least a century old."

They stared together at the suddenly interesting vehicle.

At last, Serena broke the investigative silence, saying, "Who's in there?"

Chuck squinted. "Well there, driving," he pointed at the drivers window. Slowly, his eyes widened. "It's Dan."

"Where?" Serena said urgently. Her eyes found him before Chuck could direct her line of vision.

"He's with Blair...." Serena whispered as though she'd seen a ghost.

Cars raced by, and Chuck had a hard time following the car. Amid the street chaos, Serena and Chuck could make out the rusted car turn left onto 5th avenue and out of their view. But not before Chuck had caught Blair's eyes.

"She's with him." He spoke with venom, his eyes flaring.

"I can't believe Blair would do this." Serena said. She almost sounded defeated.

"We won't accept this." Chuck said, talking more to himself rather than Serena.

Reaching into his suit pocket, Chuck grabbed his phone and clicked on Nate's contact info.

"Nate?"

Serena pressed her ear against the backside of Chuck's phone in attempt to listen in on the conversation.

"Chuck?"

"Look man, we need a favor."

"Who's we?"

Serena opened her mouth to join in on the conversation, but Chuck covered her mouth with his last spare hand.

"Doesn't matter," He resumed.

Nate was silent.

"Who's we." He asked again. "I'm not getting into shady people with you again Chuck. You know that's why I left." Then as an afterthought he added, "why we all left."

Serena seemed hurt by the remark, however Chuck (as always) was un-phased.

"Well times are changing. I feel a reunion on the rise." Chuck smirked into the phone.

Nate sighed heavily and said, "Tomorrow. 12 o'clock. By our old school."

"Good."

{When all goes right, go left. But what happens when things are about to go terribly wrong? Will the rekindling of an old friendship bring on the last days, or will their egos get in the way? The infamous break up of Serena, Nate, Chuck and Blair made headlines senior year. Whatever happens, you know I'll be there. Looks like it's time for gossip girl to grab her shovel and start digging.

xoxo, Gossip Girl.}