Chapter 4: Nothing Is Forever

Blair stared at Chuck cooly; keeping her composure.

She smiled. "Look, if you don't get her out of here, I will. "

Chuck's upper lip curled into a leer as he held Blair's eyes.

Hiding her embarrassment, she slapped him swiftly across the face saying, "Watch your eyes Bass-hole."

He held his gaze while slowly massaging his cheek. He was clearly unphased.

"Anything for the queen."

Blair scoffed and slammed the bathroom door, locking Chuck out.

"There's no use in hiding. We're not going anywhere."

"I'm not hiding." She called out from inside.

Seconds later the door reopened. "I was thinking. " Her lips were pursed in arrogance.

Chuck scoffed and reached out his hand and brushed her cheek with his thumb.

Blair's cheeks blazed red and she immediately shoved his hand aside.

Turning away, Blair walked towards her bed where a drunken and passed out Serena lay.

Chuck walked behind her, only inches away from her neck.

"What even happened between you two anyways?" Chuck asked softly, his lips close to Blair's ear.

She shuddered and jabbed him in the stomach with her elbow.

Chuck grunted and bit his lip. Trying desperately not to give Blair the satisfaction of seeing him in pain.

Blair took obvious pleasure in Chuck's discomfort and answered his question as if she were oblivious to what she had done.

She spoke rapidly, "Nothing happened between us. It's certainly not my fault that Serena became a drunken hazard and sleeps with a different boy every night. "

"Then it's also certainly not her fault that you ended up in prison. " Chuck retorted.

Blair looked offended and Chuck, realizing his mistake, opened his mouth to apologize but Blair cut him off.

"Just leave Chuck! " Blair said unexpectedly. She was on the verge of tears.

Chuck looked at her, how, he thought, could the girl I once loved have turned into this psychotic mess?

He wanted so badly to comfort to her. I still want you, he wanted to say. Something held him back. The words crouched in the back of his throat, waiting. But instead, nothing came out.

"Come on Serena, we're leaving. "

He walked over to the bed and draped one of Serena's arms over his shoulder, and with some difficulty, heaved her off the bed and onto her feet. Together, they slowly walked out of the room. Leaving behind a broken Blair.

Shaking, Blair slowly walked outside of her bedroom and peered over the stairwell balcony and into the foyer by the elevator. She saw Chuck lugging Serena through the doors and finally watched them close. Shutting out the only people who knew her best.