Chapter 10: Queen Bitch

Serena squinted as the bright sunlight burned her eyes. She whipped out her Ray Bans and tied up her long, thick hair. Undeniably, it was a terribly hot day. Even through the heat, Chuck sat next to her on the stone steps as if he were basking in sunlight. He still wore his usual sleek suit and tie, but he barely sweated a drop.

"When is Nate getting here?" Serena groaned impatiently, fanning at her damp armpits.

Chuck squinted into the distance and plastered on a smug smile.

"Just on time." He muttered.

Nate strode with a confident gait towards their waiting figures. His muscles flexed with each step and it showed through his loose muscle tank. Even his dark washed skinny jeans were ripped in all the right places. Nate Archibald couldn't look better.

Serena quickly stood up and readjusted her silk blouse and denim a line skirt.

"Serena. How are you?" Nate smiled with tension. He crept closer to her tall figure and embraced her in a friendly hug.

"California has treated you well." Serena observed with a sly smile.

Nate nodded his head in agreement, "Yeah it was nice to get a few months with no drama."

"Then why are you back?" Chuck interrupted with a knowing smirk.

Nate stood there in silence, staring at Chuck with a look of confusion. Finally, his face broke into a grin.

"Well damn who knew I'd miss Blair's killer schemes and your harsh connections?" Nate chuckled.

Chuck smiled and gave Nate a friendly pat on the back. "Good to have you back."

"Now, obviously there's something going on that you're not telling me about." Nate said matter of factly.

Serena sighed,"It's a long story..."

Nate smiled, "Well we have all day."

...................................

2 months earlier

Loud music thumped and the house was filled with writhing bodies and loud cheers. Drinks were passed around on silver platters by the waitresses dressed in scandalous costumes. As full as the huge mansion was, a long line of guests waited outside, anxious to get in.

Jenny Humphrey stood in line sighing again and again as she checked her watch. The minutes seemed to tick by as the line inched slowly forward. Dan stood next to her, his eyes half closed from tiredness.

"We're never going to make it in." He huffed impatiently.

Jenny glared at him angrily, "Dan, this is a Chuck Bass party. We all know it's going to last all night."

"Most of the guests are going to be gone anyway!" Dan retorted.

Jenny rolled her eyes, "I don't care! I'm getting into this party." Pulling out her phone, Jenny dialed Penelope's number while rubbing her bare arms. The night air was cold, and everywhere around her, fog filled the sky.

"Hello?" Penelope's husky voice murmured into the phone.

"Penny! Omigod I'm so glad I reached you. I've been calling all night! Where are you?" Jenny asked with urgency and relief.

Penelope giggled aimlessly into the phone, "Sorry! I'm in already! Where are youuuuuu?" She sang into the phone.

Jenny's eyes widened,"Pen, are you drunk?!"

Penelope let out a fake gasp, "Dearest dearest! Me? Drunk? Never never dah-ling! I'm so so sober so so."

"Listen you need to help me get---" Jenny's sentence was cut short after she heard Penelope's line click with an end.

Dan laughed from behind her, "Looks like your friend is wasted. Why do you even want to get in so badly?"

Jenny bit her lip with guilt. It was her first year owning Constance without the tyrant Blair lounging around, and she wanted to finally be queen bee. But when she heard that Chuck Bass and the former Constance crew were back in town with a hot party planned, she NEEDED tickets to get in. All of her friends were invited by Queen Blair herself, but Jenny was left with nothing but pitiful stares and suppressed smirks. Jenny Humphrey, alpha of the school, with no invite to the hottest party of the year? It was shameful.

An iron fist of rage gripped Jenny's heart. How dare Blair Waldorf march in and act all superior? She was nothing more than a Queen Bitch. If she expected Jenny to just stand by and watch as she took over, she was way wrong. 

With a burst of aggressive confidence, Jenny pushed her way through the long line until she came face to face with the intimidatingly large bouncers. They flashed her a menacing grin and dared her to cross the velvet ropes blocking the entrance. Jenny's eyes drifted to the chaotic scene from inside. Lights of every color flashed crazily and a huge crowd of writhing bodies danced around the whole house. Countless couples were kissing, making out, and trying to squeeze into an unoccupied bedroom. There was even a mini bar filled with wine, champagne, and beer of every brand.

Jenny Humphrey could only think of one thing, "I have to get in."

To be continued...