Chapter 29: Day By Day

Bash's POV

Once I left Dri's house I felt like crap. I did what all of her exs did....... I broke her heart and pushed her into Apollos arms. I did everything out of love for Dri. Do I love her?? Yes. Am I still in love with her?? Yes I am. There's no one that can replace her. My love for her can only grow and not dry up like a raisin in the sun. Once I get myself together I will go back to Cali and get Dri back. After getting off the phone with my mom and Dad I sent everyone goodbye text..... I was doing what I though was right and what I felt was right. I was transferring to NYU for a year or two. I would live with my parents in there NY condo till I could find a place of my own to move too.

My finger lingered over the send button..... I was telling Dri see you later not goodbye. The only thing I didn't tell her is I would be back and I pray that she won't have fallen for Apollo in that time frame. I looked around my room in Kj's condo and made sure I had everything packed and that nothing was left. I looked on my nightstand and saw Dri's bracelet and ring. I picked it up and put it in my pocket...... Hoping that one day she would wear it again. I sat on my old bed with my head in my hands rethinking everything...... The day I met Dri started to play in my head

Kj: I know it hurts Bash. But you have to get better for you not for anyone else. She loves you and will forgive you in due time. Just give her some time and space. I wish you weren't leaving man

" Me too Kj. I gotta go though. Gotta do what I have to. Do me a favor while I'm gone..... Make sure Dri doesn't fall in love with Apollo...... I want a chance with her when I come back."

Kj: I can't stop her from loving him or falling in love with him. It's up to her. I can't block her happiness...... I want her happy with whoever she chooses.

Ali: August wanted to say bye to uncle bash.

I walked over to her and picked up my nephew. I was gonna miss out on his life too.

"Don't grow up to fast on Unc. I'll be back in 8 months for your first birthday. I love you lil guy."

I handed the tiny infant back to his mother. I hugged her and kissed her forehead. Ali was like another lil sister for me. I dapped Kj up and picked up one of my boxes. I saw my dad walk in with moving guys to get the rest of my boxes, bed, dresser, TV, and night stands. I looked around the room one more time and then walked out with my dad.

Wiz: You'll be back soon son. You just need some time and space.

I looked up as I reached the open front door and saw Aja, Kade, Kash, and Lecia standing infront of there doors.

Wiz: Go say bye to there faces son. I'll be down at the truck getting it loaded up and waiting with your mom.

I handed him my box and walked over to my friends.

" This isn't bye guys but a see y'all later. Don't be afraid to stay in contact with me or to come visit. Especially you Aja I am and will forever be your big brother. I love you."

I reached out and grabbed my little sister into a big bear hug.

Aja: I'm gonna miss you not being so close to me. But your a call or text away. I love you too.

Kash: Be safe Bruh. And come back to us.

Kade: Yea... What that nigga said. Come back to the squad.

" I will. I'll be back before you know it."

Dri's POV

I looked over at a sleeping Apollo. He went back to sleep while we watched another movie. I got up and limped to my crutches that were beside my door. I grabbed them and made my way to where I left everyone else. Once I saw they weren't there and I heard voices in the hallway I made my way over to the door. I looked out the peep hole to see everyone saying bye to Bash. I battled with myself to go say bye or to stay in here....... I opened the front door and he looked at me automatically. He walked towards me.

" So your really leaving huh?"

Bash: Yea. I'm gonna come back for Aug's Bday.

" Be good in NY. See you when you get back. Okay?"

Bash: Kay. I'm gonna miss you Dri and that's me being honest. I still love you.... It's hard getting over your first love

"I know but I'm not your soulmate. Your first love ill be that. You go to NY meet an amazing, crazy girl. Make her happy and love her the way she wants you to love her and let her love you right back. Don't be afraid or hold onto me.... Let me go and let me be happy with whoever I choose. You do the same."

I leaned in to Bash and gave him a peck on his lips one last time.

" We'll meet again soon. See you later Bash."

Bash: See you later Dri.

He let me go and made his way down the hall way to the stairs. I let my first true love go to move on to a new love. Lets see what happens in time. We can only take things Day by Day. As I watched him walk away a lone tear rolled down my cheek. I felt arms wrap around me and I recognized the familiar presence.

Kj: You still love em?

"He was my first love. I'll always have love for him. But he needs to move on there's someone out there for him and its not me. I'm going back in my house...... I need a nap. I'm cooking dinner if you and Ali want to come over with my baby."

Kj: Alright sis. Text me when it's done and i will be there. You talked to mom and dad??

"They texted me earlier checking on me. They want all of us over tomorrow for family Friday. Mom said that her other four kids need to come too." I said as I looked over my shoulder at my coupled up best friends.

Kash: Tell mom dukes me and kade will be present. You bringing Apollo??

"Yes I am. You guys going out anywhere today??"

Aja: Yea. You need anything?

"Pick up steak fries and lb of ground beef. So we can have home made burgers and fries for dinner."

Lecia: kk baby.

She kissed my cheek and walked off with Kash and the rest of the squad. I went in the house as they walked off and saw pollo sitting on the couch on his phone. I made my way over to him and sat beside him.

Pollo: Yes Dad...... No I'm not home. I'm at a friends house....... Yes it's a girl. I do like her but she just got out of a relationship................... In time dad I'll make her mine....... I know how you and mom met. I know you guys started off friends. How is she today?........ That's good she feels better........ I'll be over later. Maybe I'll bring Audri, if shes up to it. I think you guys will like her......... Yes, she is the friend who got in the accident. See you guys later. Bye love y'all.

"Mommas boy."

Pollo: I know you ain't talking. Your spoiled.

"I'll be that. So you really gonna take me to meet your parents later??"

Pollo: In a few actually..... If you hurry up and get dressed we can go.

" I like you a lot too and I'm glad that you'll wait for me to be ready for another relationship."

Pollo: Anything for you babygirl. Now go get dressed.

"Don't rush I'm going."

I got up and made my way to my room with thoughts of if Apollo is really the one. Or am I gonna have to kiss more frogs to meet my prince.