CHAPTER 25

Picture above; Cassandra's balcony.

Cassie's POV

I had texted Maria earlier to prepare something for me. She had filled my air mattress in the balcony and placed a huge comforter, fluffy pillows, snacks, drinks and a projector. I looked at it and was contented.

I went downstairs to find Trent looking around at the art work on the wall.

I stood there wondering how someone could look so good just standing aimlessly and that he was my boyfriend.

"Hey, girlfriend, like what you see?" He hadn't even turned around but he felt my eyes on his back.

My cheeks felt hot.

"I wasn't looking at you." I tried to deny.

"Of course not. You were checking me out." Now he was right in front of me, holding my waist.

"I was not. Anyway, come with me." He placed a quick kiss on my lips and followed me.

After going up a few steps, I realized that he wasn't following me. I stopped and turned around to find him checking me out.

"What?" I asked smiling.

"It's my turn to check you out. And I gotta say, I like what I'm seeing." He winked and continued following me.

When we got to my room, he decided to embarrass me even more.

"We're in your room. That only means one thing." Again, he approached me smirking.

"Get your mind out of the gutter." He gasped dramatically and I laughed.

" I've always wanted to say that. Follow me." I walked out to the balcony and waited for him patiently.

"Wow, all this for me? You give me more reasons to love you." This time when he approached me, I didn't back up.

He stroked my cheek lovingly with the other hand on my waist and kissed me. Goosebumps were all over my body and it was the best feeling. After a little while, we settled under the covers on the air mattress and I selected a movie on Netflix called Always Be My Maybe  starring Ali Wong and Randall Park.

It was a great evening. The movie was great and the company was even better. At some point, I had my head on his chest as he played with my hair.

"You know Scott likes you, right?" He said, out of nowhere.

I sat up and faced him.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I'm sorry to bring this up but, I think that you and Scott should meet. There's a lot of tension that's only going to grow if you don't sort it out." He said, in one breath.

I knew he was right, but it was kinda hard.

"I know. I'll text him." He handed me my phone.

"I'm sorry I read the text. I was curious because it was from Scott." He admitted and pouted. He was too cute. I kissed his cheek.

"It's okay."

"Hey, Scott. We can meet tomorrow at Gigi's Icecream shop. Goodnight."

I texted Scott.

"Done."

"That's my girl." He kissed my forehead and we went back to the movie.

Later, we played some poker and then we ended up cuddling all night long. By the time I woke up at 8am, he had already left, but not without a note.