CHAPTER 17

Trent's POV

Cj and I used a door that lead us to the stairs on the other side of the house so no one could see us all wet. I remember turning around and finding her watch me from the pool. I think she liked my muscles and obviously my ego needed that. Then she had fallen on me and I completely forgot the simple art of breathing normally. I had wanted to kiss her so badly but she got up before I could make a move.

"Here is my room. Sorry for the mess." Her room was huge. A big princess bed with sky blue covers, white blinds, beautiful lights and even the roof above her head was made of glass so you could see stars while lying down.

"It's really beautiful. I'd like to watch the stars through there." I pointed to the glass roof.

"I've watched since I was little and I can't get enough. If you want, you can take a shower in my bathroom, I'll just go see if I can find you some of my dad's old sweatpants and maybe a hoodie."

"It's okay. They'll be dry by the time I'm done." I said and she turned around with her hands on her hips.

"Listen, you're probably going to get a cold already so I'm not letting you wear wet clothes." She walked out and I was left laughing at her maternal instincts.

Her bathroom was majestic. She had one of those bathtubs that look like a huge white basin placed on smooth pebbles. I sat in the tub and the warm water completely took over me. I think I fell asleep and I woke up to someone tapping my shoulder.

I looked up and saw it was Cj, with her eyes covered by a towel.

"Trent wake up, you're going to get sick." She said.

"I'm up. You're such a mom." She laughed and left me.

I dried my body and walked to the sink where there was lotion and matching sweatpants and hoodie. I put them on and walked out. She was also in sweatpants and a hoodie.

"Hey. You slept all through the party you know. Only a few people are here." I'm such a party pooper.

"I'm sorry I made you miss your own party." I said as I jumped on her bed. It was so warm, soft and comfortable.

"It wasn't your fault. Come on, sit here, I'll dry your hair." She pointed to the chair by the dresser.

"I used the towel." I said running my hands through it and discovered it wasn't completely dry.

"That could also give you a cold." I sat at the chair and she took the blow dryer and started working on my hair. It felt so good to have her fingers in my hair. They felt right at home. I sneezed right at that moment.

"Oh no. You caught a cold. I'll bring you something."

"Cj, it's not your fault. Maybe I should get going." She held my hands.

"Trent, you have a cold, there's no way you're getting on your motorcycle with a cold. And Sean is on vacation so there's like no one to drive you home. So you're staying, case closed." She is so sexy when being bossy. I could've kissed her if it wasn't for another sneeze. With that she ran out of the room.

I looked at her bed and it was calling to me to just sleep on it. And that's just what I did. But before I could sleep, I saw a photo album by the bedside and picked it up.

There were baby pictures of Cj which were obviously very cute. There were pictures of Cj and Jj, with both their parents, with all of them at some beach, them on a plane. Cj and Jj in Disneyland, the two of them at a fair, the two on Santa's laps, the two in the snow, the two in front of Big Ben in London, the two at the Eiffel tower, the two by the leaning tower of Pisa they have traveled a lot together.

Then there was a picture of Cj's mom with a baby bump. Only, the picture was dated 19th, May, 1993. I hadn't heard of Cj having any siblings and she was much younger, which means she had or has an older sibling. I would wait and see if she would confide in me.

I touched her soft covers and took in the sweet scent of some flowers whose name I couldn't remember. I lay my head on her pillow and closed my eyes to focus on her scent. Sleep was just about to engulf me when the door swung open and I quickly sat up.

"You seem really sleepy tonight. Sorry I had to drag you to a party." She said as she put down the tray she was carrying, on the bedside table.

"I wanted to come so you don't have to apologize." I looked at the tray and there was a bowl of what looked like steaming hot soup and some type of flu syrup.

"Okay, get under the covers." She lifted them up and I slid my legs under them. She fluffed a pillow against the headboard and tucked me in, in the sitting position.

It felt so good to be taken care of by her.

"You're going to be a very good mom one day." I said and she looked at me smiling.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"I won't deny it." She giggled then placed the tray on my laps.

"Maria always makes me this soup when I have a cold. So drink up. I hope it's good." Without thinking, I took a spoonful and soon regretted it. I swallowed it through so much pain, it was so hot. Cassie smacked the back of my head and laughed.

"You have to blow on it dummy." She scooped some soup with the spoon, blew on it and fed it to me.

I was more than enjoying this baby treatment. Anytime I get a flu, I'll make sure to always let her know. I was done with the soup and had taken the syrup. She took the tray to the kitchen and I made myself comfortable on my back watching the stars.

"Goodnight, Trent." Cassie said from the door.

"No, please stay, for a little while. I want to watch the stars with you." She entered and closed the door.

"Only for a little while. I promised Jj I would watch a movie with him."

"Jj is still here." When was he ever going to get a life of his own.