CHAPTER 14

Cassie's POV

I was dead serious about them talking to each other. I knew it wasn't going to be easy since both of them were so stubborn, but I had to at least try.

"Why didn't I get invited?" JJ asked from behind me.

In all honesty, I had forgotten about him. Of course I wouldn't say that out loud.

"Hey buddy. It wasn't supposed to take long." He stood beside me as we watched Trent and Scott stare at each other like bulls about to fight.

"I'm sorry I slashed your tires. I'll pay you back when I have the cash." Scott finally said, hanging his head low. It seemed like apologizing took all of his energy and I smiled in victory.

"Well, I know how you can pay me back without spending a dime." Trent looked mischievous as he said this. "I heard that you were having some tutoring lessons with CJ here. So, we're all going to be study buddies until your grades go up." I'm pretty sure no one was quite in as much shock as I was.

I didn't expect anything harsh, but that was totally unexpected. Giving him more tutors was his punishment? My ears must have been playing tricks on me. Looking at JJ and Scott, it seemed that I had heard right.

"No way, my tutoring is only with Bella, not you two. She is a lot smarter than all three of us put together. I'll pay you back with cash." Scott said in finality.

"Okay, I need $250 by the end of the week or I'll take worse measures. Bye." Trent started to leave.

After a moment deep in thought, Scott agreed on the study session. I mean, what had he to lose. And surely studying with two guys he didn't like was way better than coming up with $250 in a week's time.

After our little lunch time chat, we went back to our respective tables and had our lunch. I was happy with the way things went. I expected them to break each other's jaws.

"Cj, can we go to the coffee shop today. It's been a while." Jj spoke as we walked down the hallway.

"I know, but the finals are in two weeks so we better start studying now. So, we'll all go there after school." Trent excused himself so JJ and I were alone.

"I need to ask you something that has been bothering me for a while now. Am I not your best friend anymore? Since you started tutoring Scott, you and I never hang out. Then after Trent got here, it's like he replaced me. Is that what's going on, because I deserve to know." I felt so guilty because it was true that he and I rarely spent time together.

"Jay, no, no one will ever replace you and you know that. I've known you for almost my whole life, you're irreplaceable. Tell you what, we only have two weeks to study with Trent and Scott and then everything will be back to normal." I didn't know if he believed me because I didn't believe it myself.

I liked Trent a lot. I didn't want him out of my life. And Scott, although I've had the biggest crush on him since I met him, I don't know anymore. I think I just like him as a friend and nothing more. Jay, he will always be my best friend and I hope that he believes me when I say that.

"Only time will tell. I'm off to art class, see you at the parking lot later." He stepped around me but then stopped. As I turned around to face him, he gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Cj, I love you so much, please don't leave me," he whispered in my ear then kissed my cheek and ran off.

I felt so bad that I was causing him so much pain but I can't help who I like. Shaking my head, I went to the locker room and put on my gym clothes then went outside to the field.

*******************

A thin sweat ran down his forehead and fell right before his eyes. He looked like he was about to pass out but we weren't going to help him.

"Done!" Scott exclaimed proudly.

Jj took the book and looked at the now completed calculus problem. He nodded silently and handed Trent the book, he also nodded before handing me the book.

"Wow, Mr. Miller, it is correct. Congratulations, you are now ready for your test next week." It was Saturday at the coffee shop. We were all gathered at our usual table studying hard for the test on Monday. Scott had been doing well and we were all confident that he was going to do well in the test.

He and Trent didn't really get along but they tolerated each other. Jj and I had gone out for a movie during the week and he had slept over at my place and things seemed to be going back to normal.

Trent still stuck around and my crush for him was getting even stronger. Every time our hands brushed, even accidentally, I felt goosebumps all over my body. He hugged me every chance he got and he didn't know how fast that made my heart beat. Of course I wasn't planning on telling him about my feelings towards him but it was killing me not to.

"Now, can I have my coffee, I really need it." Scott called Sissy and we all gave her our orders. Her eyes always seemed to linger longer on Trent and it bothered me so much.

Trent's POV

(Monday morning)

I sat on the hood of my black BMW as I waited for Cassie to come to school. I hadn't seen her since Saturday and I really missed her. She still hadn't allowed me to see her house although I had been there.

"Hey there handsome. How have you been? There's a party at my house this Friday after the test and I want you to come." Cindy said in her annoyingly high pitched voice.

"Sorry Cindy, I already made plans." She looked disappointed and was about to say something but I unlocked my car and decided to wait for Cassie in there. I watched as she huffed, stomped her foot and walked away with her minions.

I don't know for how long I was there but I heard the engine of Cassie's bike and my face involuntarily broke into a smile. She parked a few cars from me and I watched as she took off her helmet, her black hair falling to her shoulders. She looked really hot. Then I saw Scott approach her and she smiled as he hugged her. I felt jealous that she hugged him back. They talked for a while until I saw her look around and point to my car. Scott nodded and walked away.

Cassie walked over to my car and took out her phone. My phone beeped and she had texted me. I came out of the car and she smiled warmly at me.

"Hey Trent!" she said happily and before I could answer, she jumped and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you," she whispered, making my face hot.

"I missed you too." I hugged her even tighter.

"How was your weekend? I mean your Sunday." She smiled.

"It was okay. Dad came to see us. Well he came to see Tyler." My smile dropped for a moment.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked as she touched my hand sending sparks through me.

"Yeah,I kinda miss having him around. Tyler was so happy and mom too, even though she tried to play it cool." We got to her locker and found Jj waiting.

He hugged Cassie tightly making me feel weird. I know they're just best friends but he seems to be always all over her. He should get a girlfriend.

"Hey Trent." He acknowledged.

We stood there talking about random stuff until the bell rang and we went to start our exam.