CHAPTER FOUR

Cassie's POV

I was dumbfounded by the hug Scott gave me. I looked really calm but there was a whole zoo in my stomach.
"What was that about?" Jj asked from behind me.

"Uh- nothing?"

"You're asking me?

"Let's just go."

I knew he wasn't going to let it go. But he was too preoccupied talking to even remember.

"This is the part I hate about your house Cj. What if someone was trying to kidnap me and I ran to your house for safety only to find the gate locked."

"Oh please, who would want to kidnap you? You'd talk too much, they would bring you back."
We were currently at my gate waiting for Julio the security guard to open it.

It took him a whole two minutes to get there.

You're probably wondering if I live in a gated community. I don't. My dad is a very popular and competent cardiologist while my mom is in the fashion industry and has her own clothing line called Caianna. Their good income bought us an estate. A very big piece of land with a huge mansion, a huge pool, a pool house, and some horse stables. It was almost like a ranch.

But due to my parents' jobs, they're hardly ever home and when they are, all they do is stay in their home offices taking calls and video conferencing.

Maria greets us at the door. She has been my caretaker since I was a baby and she's more present in my life than my parents are.

"You two do your homework then I'll give you a treat, okay?" Both Jj and I knew how good of a cook Maria was so we were highly motivated.

We ran up to my room and started on homework. Then later had dinner and at around 9pm, JJ was driven home by one of the drivers, Sean.

                   *****

My mom had gotten home early in the morning from Tokyo and so she was the one that woke me up. I was really happy to see her since I hadn't in almost a week.
We cuddled up in my bed as she told me the amazing things she saw there and what a good holiday destination it would be.
Later, I had to get ready for school and she insisted on me being driven to school.
I liked walking since it was good exercise although the school was a 30 minute walk from my house.
Another thing I hated about being driven to school was that, not every normal kid would be driven to school in a white Range Rover Sports, beast of a car. I hated attention and I knew kids at my school liked someone due to their status.