CHAPTER 5

Cassie's POV

I had agreed to be taken to school by my driver. Yes, mine. The car was supposed to be mine but since I wasn't old enough, I had to have a driver.

We pulled up to the school parking lot and I could already feel the stir we had caused.

"Are you alright back there Miss Cassandra?" Sean asked.

"Sean I told you to drop the formalities please. I'll be fine, thanks."

I came out of the car and started to make my way to the school building.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't embarrassed of my parents' status, I just hated the attention that came with it.

I had to push my way through the crowds of students eyeing me.

I had managed to not disclose that my mom was the Miranda Jones of Caianna and that my dad was the Doctor Malcolm Jones.

"Hey brainy, I didn't know anyone would be dumb enough to give you a ride." I really hated Cindy.

Her minions laughed and I racked my brain to see how what she said was anywhere near funny.

"Nice car."

"Maybe she's secretly a rich girl."

"I never thought I'd see one of those here."

Those were the whispers I heard from the other kids. I finally made it inside the school building. I had 5 minutes before my first class which was Biology.

I loved sciences and I was good at them. I went to my locker and met up with JJ who had gotten here early and we headed for class.

We had biology for first period after homeroom so we had to go upstairs to the second floor. JJ and I attended most classes with seniors since we were 'advanced'. I liked science a lot and I was hoping to go to Princeton University and major in Forensic Science and Criminal Psychology.

The day went by quickly and before you know it, it was lunch time already.

"So, you and Scott will be studying after school?" JJ asked as we settled in our table at the cafeteria with our lunch.

"Yeah. I hope he doesn't suggest going to my house."

"You're so petty CJ. If I lived in an estate like yours, I would take a picture of it and have it printed on many t-shirts and wear them every day to school. Do you know that's the only way kids would stop picking on you and me since we're best friends?" JJ always nagged me about the topic.

I hated being picked on for being a nerd, but I wanted to be liked for who I was, not how rich my parents are.

"JJ, you know I'm not going to agree with you so let's drop it," as soon as I finished that statement, a tray with slices of pizza and an apple were set on the space next to me and someone sat there.

I turned around and my jaw dropped open.

"Hey Bella. I decided to eat here today. Hey Jayden." It was none other than Scott Miller.

I looked at Jayden and he had the reaction that I think mirrored mine.

"You better close your mouth lest you catch a fly." He smirked at me and I woke up from the trance.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked in a low voice.

"I'm eating here. So anyway, after school you and me at your place okay?" I nodded before realizing what he had said.

"No!" I said it a little too loud and he looked at me questioningly. "I mean, why don't we go to your place, or the library in town?"

"First, you're tutoring me which means talking and that isn't allowed in the library. And two, I have a lot of family visiting this week so it's noisy." He said with finality as he went back to his lunch.

"How about we study at the park?" I tried again.

"CJ, what are you worried about? Scott, we will study at her place," JJ said and winked at me which earned him a glare.

"I'm sorry, we?" he quirked up a brow which made him look so badass.

"Yeah, we always do homework together and you don't think I'm going to let you be alone with CJ, do you?"

They both glared at each other, well, Scott glared while JJ did something with his face that made him look like he was constipated. I giggled seeing his face.

"I'll be fine JJ." I knew that if the three of us were together, no studying would happen. They would end up glaring at each other the whole time with me trying to ease the tension.

Scott smiled triumphantly breaking eye contact with JJ. We didn't talk much after that but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence to me, since I was busy munching away on my turkey sandwich.