CHAPTER 21

Scott's POV

I was shocked, as was everyone else at the table. This was the opportunity I had been waiting for this whole time and now, it was being served to me on a silver platter.

"Yes, in fact Cj and I are going to the movies tonight." I looked at her hoping she would not embarrass me. She looked at me and smiled warmly.

"Yep, we're going to see the new Aladdin movie." She answered and everyone else kept staring till the bell rang a few moments later.

"Oh, Mr. Edwards, don't worry, you are off tonight. I'm in safe hands." I heard Cj whisper to Trent and he opened and closed his mouth like a fish.

She then walked over to me and smiled.

"We have P.E, shall we walk to the locker rooms together, miss?" I bowed and offered my hand.

"Why, yes kind sir." She took my hand and we walked away laughing.

"So, Cj, will you go to the movies with me tonight?"

"I thought that was settled. Yes I will go to the movies with you."

"Great. Here we are, I'll see you at the field." I kissed the back of her hand and left.

"Dude, I heard that you and Cassie are dating now," some guy in the locker room shouted, getting everyone's attention.

"Well, right now it's just the movies. We'll see how things go." I replied proudly.

"Things aren't going anywhere." Trent shouted from the doorway.

"Trent, I won, you lost. Let's move on."

"This isn't a competition, it's Cj we're talking about. You and I both know that she likes me. She sees you as just a friend. I suggest you stay away from her or I'll make you." He was breathing fire and I just laughed mockingly.

"You don't scare me. She's mine now. I have her eating out of my palms." I shouldn't have said that.

"What did you just say?" He grabbed me by my collar and pushed against a locker and everyone else just watched in awe. "Do you know why she's mad at me? It's because she found out I'm her bodyguard. We have something special and I'm going to make it right. So just stay away." He whispered venomously.

"Make me," I wiggled myself out of his grip and left for the field.

"Hey, Scott."

"Not now Cindy. I'm not in the mood." I was still fuming from my altercation with Trent.

"Come on babe, you don't want to go under the bleachers with me?" She was trying to get in my head.

Whenever I followed her under the bleachers, we'd end up making out. But being stupid, I still followed.

"Hey babe, you look stressed. I can get your mind off other stuff you know." She adjusted her boobs and her cleavage took my focus.

She walked over to me and led my hands to her waist and then kissed me. It wasn't long before we were fully making out until I heard a gasp from the top of the bleachers. I looked up and I wished the ground would open up and swallow me whole. Standing there, looking down at me with the saddest eyes was none other than Cj.

"Oh shit," I exclaimed and left without a second glance at Cindy. I ran after Cj as she ran towards opposite end of the field where Trent was.

When I got there, she hid behind Trent.

"Cj, please," Trent looked confused.

"Do your job and keep him away from me." She spat out.

"You heard her. Get the hell out of her sight." He hid her completely with his body and walked towards me. Of course he was bigger than me, so in a fight, I wouldn't stand a chance.

Knowing that, I still threw the first punch. He winced, touched his cheek and looked at me with very scary eyes. He pulled his hand back about to punch me but his hand never met me.

Cassie's POV

I knew that if Trent punched Scott, he would break a bone. So I held his hand. I didn't know if I'd stop him because he looked so scary. But as soon as I touched him, his eyes and face softened and relaxed. He turned and we stared at each other's eyes.

"Scott, just leave." I said quietly, still looking at the beautiful grey orbs.

"I'm sorry." He said and left.

"Cj, I'm sorry," Trent said.

"You're bleeding a little. I'll get a bandaid from my locker." When I turned to leave, he pulled me back and I collided with his big chest. I liked hugging him but he had to know that he hurt me.

"I'm sorry Cj. I wanted to tell you, I really did."

"So why didn't you?" I asked.

"Because I was afraid of this. To be honest, before I met you, I expected you to be some rich spoilt brat, like Cindy. I knew there was no way I would have feelings for you." My heart skipped a beat.

So he did  have feelings for me, like I did him. We sat down on the grass and he kept talking.

"But from the moment I met you, I knew you were different. It was wrong but it was necessary. If you knew from the start that I was your bodyguard, would you have been my friend? Don't answer that. You're a good and friendly person, of course you would've been my friend. I don't know what to say to make this right. I really don't." He spoke in one breath.

"So, um, what we, um, what we had, like the friendship or um, chemistry, it was real?" I stammered pathetically.

"Everything we had was real. If it wasn't, how would I know that you slap your forehead when someone is acting stupid, or that you stutter when nervous, or that you chew your pen while waiting for a test result or that your eyes light up when you see that A+ or that you make my heart race when I touch your hand. Or that-" I couldn't hear anymore.

"Stop please." I stood up and he stood with me holding both my hands.

"I can't stop. Cassandra Jones, I have strong feelings for you. I want you for my own." He pulled me into a hug again and this time I let myself drown in the embrace.

He noticed the little things about me and I didn't even know he looked at me while I wasn't watching. I could hear his heartbeat, it was hammering and so was mine. I wanted to stay like this forever. But I'm smart. I wouldn't want to repeat my mistake and trust him, not blindly. I broke the hug and took a step back so I wasn't struggling to look up to him.

"You know why it hurt me so much?" I asked him.

"Because we're friends and friends don't lie to each other." Out of habit I slapped my forehead. "You do that when someone is being stupid. What did I say?" He was utterly confused. I had to tell him the truth. It was his choice what he'd do with the information.

"You are being stupid. If we were just friends, I would've given you an earful and then we'd be good. I like you. Like really like you. Not as a friend but more than a friend. Like I have feelings for you. That's why it hurt me. If you really have feelings for me as well, show me why I should trust you again." I said and he gave me his million dollar smile that left my cheeks pink.

"You like me and I like you. I'm so happy!" He shouted, hugged me and lifted me up doing a swirl. He was so loud that everyone in the field looked at us in awe.

"You're making a scene." I whispered.

"I don't care." He said, making me laugh.

A few moments passed and he let me down.

"So, are you still going out with Scott?" He asked cautiously.

"No way. Not after that little show."

"Great. I'll come pick you up at 7. Wear something comfortable." That jerk left immediately and didn't give me a chance to play hard to get.

But who am I kidding, I'm head over heels.