CHAPTER 3

Photo of Kalama Epstein as Scott Miller.

SCOTT'S POV

I always liked the attention I got from the other students, especially girls. It really boosted my ego and the jock vibe I had going on.

I loved that people feared me, although I knew that most hated me. I was a bully and I could care less what people thought. I never went overboard with the bullying. Just some pushing, shoving, locking someone in the janitor's closet. I loved my life. My school life only.
The prettiest girl in school was my girlfriend, I was captain of the Lacrosse team and many other things.
What no one knew is my life outside school was hell.

My Mom had died when I was ten years old that is nine years ago. My dad blamed himself for her death because they had had a stupid fight before my Mom got really mad and drove off that she didn't see the truck in front of her.
My dad was so angry at himself and he took it out on alcohol. And me.

He would beat me when he was drunk. Whenever I asked him why, he would say that I had my Mom's eyes and it got him more sad and mad.

I told no one about this so I took it out on everyone at school by bullying. I took it out on the field as I played Lacrosse. That's why I was so damn good at it.

    "Miller come in and have a seat. Miller you know you're the best I got on this team but you gotta help me out here man. The principal says I got no choice but to cut you off if your grades don't improve. You've been having numerous Fs. That has to change or else I'll have no choice. Now leave my office and think about it."

My coach John had told me earlier this week.I didn't want to lose Lacrosse because if I did, I would have lost everything. I had to find myself a tutor, and who better than my beautiful nerd Cassie Jones? I mean,  the nerd Cassie.
Well her shadow Jayden was smart too but there was no way I would go to him.

   *******************************
"Hey!Wait up,"I shouted running up to the duo. Cj and Jj, how cheeky.

"Are you talking to us?"Jj asked.

"No am talking to myself." I snapped at him.

I had stayed behind after class because I knew that they would be the last people to leave. They always volunteered to help the librarian put everything in order.

"What do you want?" Jayden asked.

"I want to talk to Cj....Alone, "I said glaring at him.

He looked at Cj as if asking for permission. She nodded and he walked about 10 meters away and watched us.
Cj stared at me above her huge glasses.

For the first time in forever I looked at her real close and, wow!She has some beautiful eyes. They seem to be a shade darker than I remember. They were so blue and so beautiful.

"Ahem. Yes?"she looked away.
I realized I was staring and snapped out of it.

"Okay, I'll go straight to the point. I need you to be my tutor. Like really bad. Just name your price."

She said nothing and looks at me quizzically. So I had to tell her the whole truth.

"I  know it sounds weird coming from me, but I really want to up my grades. Coach said if my grades don't go up,I'll have to leave the team. I can't leave the team. I c-"

"It's alright you don't have to explain. But you have to promise me something," she looks at Jj and continues.

"I don't want moneg. I just hope that you're serious and you have to stop picking on Jj and I. Deal?"she stretched out her hand but instead I gave her a hug and said "Deal."

I don't know why I decided that hugging her was a good idea. But here I was doing it anyway. I felt strangely calm and relaxed although she wasn't hugging me back.

You're being creepy Scott. I pulled out of the hug and mumbled an inaudible sorry.

"If you're free tomorrow after school then?" she asked while adjusting her glasses.
"Yeah sure. Bye Bella." And with that I left as quick as I could.

I had named her Bella in my mind since I learnt what it meant. Seeing as she was the first girl I had eyes for back in kindergarten.