CHAPTER 15

Cassie's POV

I parked my bike at the garage and went inside through the kitchen. It always smelled good because Maria was always cooking.

"Hola Maria," I greeted as I hugged her from behind.

"Hello my dear. How was your last test?" She never forgets what's going on with me.

"It was okay. I think I did pretty good."  I said, feeling confident.

"That's my girl. Go change and I'll have a snack ready for you." I don't  know how I'm still tiny with Maria always trying to feed me.

I thanked her and ran up to my room. Placing my book bag by my desk, I turned on my laptop and put on some music. Like my dad, I enjoyed rock music a lot.

I then went to take a warm bath. I filled the tub but before I could go in, I heard a Skype call coming in so I ran back to my room.

"Hi Mommy, hi daddy!" I greeted happily. I hadn't seen them in 3weeks but they were supposed to fly in the following day.

"Hey Sweetie," answered Mom, waving.

"Hey bumble bee. How are you doing?" Dad always liked to baby me.

"I'm doing fine but I miss you guys."

"I know baby, we miss you too. How's Jayden and Trent." As soon as dad said that, Mom nudged him with her elbow.

"Trent? Dad, how do you know Trent? I've never introduced you guys to him." Something was smelling fishy and it's not our goldfish.

"Honey, I think Maria mentioned him to us. Said you talk a lot about him." Mom said and I blushed because it was true.

"You can't do that guys. So I'm still going to see you tomorrow, right?" I was happy to change the topic but wasn't too happy with the response.

"Um, honey, something came up. Don't be mad. There was a last minute event that I have to accompany your dad to. You understand, don't you?" I was almost crying but I didn't want them to change their plans just because I was in need of their time.

"It's okay. Oh, I'm getting another call. See you. Bye." I quickly ended the call which was rude but it was unfair how they always put their work before me. Sometimes, I wonder if they regret having me.

Shaking those thoughts, I took my phone and went on my messaging app and quickly sent a text to Jj, Scott, Trent and Linda.

Hey guys, mini-party at my house from 8pm. Sorry for the last minute invite. You can bring a friend or two. Y'all got my address. See you.

Who's Linda you ask? Linda is in our grade and my only girl friend. We aren't exactly close but we've been project partners a couple of times and I know she got it bad for my best friend. She's always blushing whenever he's around but Jj doesn't seem to notice.

Whenever my parents seemed to have something last minute and had to be away, I always did something rebellious. They've tried before to get me to have a party or two. I know, it's weird. But they always seem to be concerned with my lack of social skills. Especially since they have like a gazillion friends and we have these over the top Christmas parties when we're not traveling.

They're obviously going to know but they aren't going to be exactly mad.

Quickly taking my bath, I made a call to Scott. I had never thrown a party before so I needed some help from someone who had gone to every party in town.

************
Three hours later, I was downstairs with Scott getting everything ready. I had told Maria to leave early. So, the only adult was a new security guard, Matt, I think.