CHAPTER 11

I just giggled and we continued to answer the questions. Trent was surprisingly smart which added up to his good looks. Soon it was lunch time and true to his word, Trent stuck with me.

We headed for the cafeteria after picking up JJ on our way. Trent stood in line to get his lunch as JJ and I settled at our usual table.

"Now, can we talk?" Scott said coming out of nowhere.

"Sure."

"Are you for some reason avoiding me?"

I furrowed my brows, "Why would you say that?"

"I've been trying to talk to you but you're so busy with your boyfriend." He sounded angry and I didn't know why.

"I told you JJ isn't my boyfriend."

"I wasn't talking of Jayden, I was talking about him." He pointed with his head to someone behind me.

"What's going on here?" Trent asked as he settled beside me.

"None of your business." Scott answered, a little too loud.

The kids in the tables close to us were staring waiting with their cameras ready if a fight broke out.

"Actually I was talking to CJ."

"I think you mean Cassie," he retorted.

"No I mean CJ." They now stood up and I was the only thing between them.

I stood up feeling confused.

"Could you two calm down? I'm standing right here for crying out loud." I looked around and saw Cindy glaring at me.

"Scott, your girlfriend's looking for you." They were still glaring at each other. But Scott walked away and Trent sat down.

"What the hell was that?" I asked Trent.

"Nothing, I just don't like that guy,"

"And? You don't even know him." I answered.

"Well, I've known him for a long time and I don't like him either." JJ cut in.

"I've actually lost my appetite." I walked off heading for the field since we had PE later anyway.

I don't know what had come over them, especially since no one fights because of me. Scott has always been sort of a jerk so I wasn't surprised with him wanting to fight. It's Trent I didn't quite understand.

I met him less than 12 hours ago and he's already willing to start a fight if someone bothers me. But why me? Scott has a girlfriend but he has been bothering me since morning.

I think it has something to do with him meeting my parents. He was quite clear that they had been his idols so maybe he's trying to be nice to me because I have famous parents.

"Hey, why are you here alone?" Trent was now sitting two bleachers behind me.

"I wanted to be alone, Trent," I was about to stand and leave when he jumped next to me and stood right in front of me. It caught me by surprise and I yelped.

"Sorry," he smiled shyly rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's fine, can I go?" I tried to move past him but he blocked my way. I looked up at him questioningly.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just don't like the guy okay. I have a feeling that when Cindy picked on you, he was there and he didn't do anything. So what's with the change of heart? And, I promised I'm not leaving your side, didn't I?" He smiled down at me hopefully.

"I honestly don't know why you're so determined to stick by me. I promise you I'm nothing like you are. You seem fun and I'm not any fun. I'm a nerd Trent, a geek. There are a lot of pretty girls in school, why do you want to be my friend?"

"Because none of those girls are you." Okay, that does it folks. My stomach was somersaulting inside of me like it never did before, not even for Scott. Who is this guy and who sent him?

"And you are fun. I mean, you're the only girl I've met that rides a Harley. That to me, is as fun as it gets." I couldn't hide my surprise as to how he figured it out and he just smiled triumphantly.

"How did you know?"

"I'm good with faces, darling. I know it's hard to believe me, but I want you as my friend and not anyone else, maybe JJ too. So let's do this again. Hi, I'm Trent Edwards, you are?" he stretched his right hand.

"I'm Cassandra Jones," I shook his hand as we both smiled. I could feel sparks travel from where our hands touched and run all over my body. He must have felt it too because we withdrew our hands at the same time but smiled anyway.

"Pleasure to meet you. So tell me about you CJ," he asked as we sat down next to each other.

"There's not much to tell really. I came to this town when I was 3, and have been here since. You?"

"Well, like I said, I moved from New York with my mom and brother after my parents divorced. My dad didn't want us anyway so my mom had custody over my brother and I followed them. We came here for a fresh start, I think." He said this still smiling.

"I'm sorry about your parents' divorce."

"It's okay. What about yours? Are they still together?" I loved talking about how much my parents loved one another so my smile grew wider.

"Well, they're quite busy almost all the time, but I honestly have never known that two people could be so in love." That's all I said.

"You are one lucky girl. Would you mind like showing me around town after school? I mean, you are my only friend." He winked at me.

"I knew you were going to use that against me. But okay, we can ride around town. Today is actually the first day in months that I took the Harley for a ride."

From then till the bell for PE rang, we just sat there talking about bikes, how and when I learned to ride, how and when he learned to ride. It was amazing, I felt like I hadn't had a friend in forever. Don't get me wrong, JJ is my all-time bestie, but we never talk of bikes, he's not a fan of them. So having someone to share the interest with was amazing.