CHAPTER 7

We drove off and Scott couldn't hide his amazement or amusement of the car. He touched the leather seats like they would tear at his touch.

Sean could see him through the rearview mirror and he smiled at me and I smiled back. I started to get nervous when we approached my house. We got to the gate that hid the inside and Connor the security guard greeted us through the intercom.

"Hello, who's there?" yeah, that's how he greeted us. I wondered why he asked since the camera at the intercom was connected to his office.

"Connor, it's Sean. Do we always have to go through this every time?" we heard Connor laughing on the other side as the gate started opening. It was electric.

"Where the hell are we?" Scott asked and I looked at him with worry in my eyes but I didn't answer.

He went back to looking through the window seeing the fountains on the front yard, the beautiful flowers and a sign that said 'Welcome to the Jones residence" yeah, my parents are a little extra.

"This is your house?" Scott asked again.

"Um, yeah, I guess. I mean, yes it is. Come on." We had stopped at the front door and Maria opened the door for us.

We stepped out of the car and watched as Sean went to park it in the underground garage. Yes, extra. We walked to the open door as Maria kissed my forehead and greeted Scott happily.

"You must be Mr. Miller," she said looking at Scott.

"Please just call me Scott." He smiled politely and Maria smiled and walked off towards the kitchen probably to get us something light to eat. She always fed me when she had the chance because she said, and I quote, "you need some meat on your bones my darling."

"Bella, you're full of surprises. This is your home? Like am I on some type of TV prank show?" he asked and started to look around as if looking for hidden cameras.

"Scott that only happens on TV." I said as I walked towards the stairs. "I'll be right back, feel at home." I ran up to my room and let out a sigh of relief. Now that I think of it, I hope he doesn't tell anyone at school. They'll treat me like a unicorn, extra right? But you should've seen how Scott looked at me, it was like I had a horn on the top of my head. See what I did there? No? Okay.

I changed into some comfortable shorts and sweatshirt, put my hair in a bun and took my books then walked down stairs. I had left Scott in the living room, there was another living room downstairs where we usually sat, but guests mostly sat up here.

I saw his back pack on the ground and then heard murmurs in the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen to find Scott sitting at the kitchen island as Maria gave him some milk and Oreos.

"Who knew the school bad-boy was into milk and Oreos?" I teased as I sat next to him and Maria gave me the same.

"Don't tell anyone," he said silently.

"Okay let's go study." I said after a while. Scott complained but stood away from his snack and followed me after thanking Maria. I didn't know he was so polite, or maybe it was just a façade to get her to trust him.