Miraak x Reader ~The Days We Were Lovers~

A chest leanly packed with muscle surrounded your back, your head rested on a shoulder and one of his hands softly running down your side and resting ar your waist. His breathing was even, smooth, and relaxed, eyes closed for the moment. Your hands cradled to your chest tugged on the fur wrapped around you (as per his insistence) and you pulled it tighter around your body.

"Miraak," you murmured, head lifting off his chest to look at him. He peeked an eye open, face relaxed and free of any stress. You liked seeing him like that. You did that. 

He moved to nuzzle your cheek with his own, a greeting of two intimate dovahs. From his chest came a low rumble. "You only call me by my name when you're upset," he stated, face moving away only to press a feather-light kiss to your lips as they tilted up to a smile.

"Do I?" you smiled fondly. "Well, you know how you constantly asked why I spared you when you got over your high and mighty act and I never told you?"

He nodded. "An upsetting time."

You rolled your eyes with a scoff, shaking your head playfully as a grin rendered onto his face. "Oh, be quiet. I have an answer for you to that question if you'd have it."

Miraak tilted his head, grin turning into more of a surprised smile. "I'd be delighted to see if my guesses are correct or not."

"I saved you because I was trying to hold up what felt like a world would only two hands, and no one really understood that feeling. Those who did, I was separated from by politics or something of the sort, so I never really could connect to someone. I was scared they would die from what I did, scared they'd turn on me when the hard days came. And I guess I didn't really realize the most important part of those fears- I was pushing myself so hard, to my limit and some because I've never known how to slack off or mess around that I couldn't relate to them even though I'm mostly human. I was always either put up on a pedestal or I was spat at in the dirt. There was no in-between. Used or be used, I guess. No one wanted to be a friend of the last Dragonborn, either way," your voice was soft, and a weak smile pained your face. His grip on your waist tightened. He understood where you were coming from but didn't like to hear that you had to endure that.

He briefly rested his forehead against your own. "I care little for people of this time, save for you. They can be very selfish," he muttered.

You chuckled. "I know first hand. Bust my ass through a Dwemer ruin filled with falmer to get your sword? Yeah, sure, twenty-five gold is just fine, noblewoman in the middle of Solitude who has plenty of money to spare. It's fine," you said the words through gritted teeth.

"You're kidding," Miraak barked, eyes hard on you. "You did not just let that slide."

"Now, I wouldn't but then, I was barely sixteen and didn't understand I was a Dragonborn. Literally died in that cave and had to get resurrected- didn't think anything of it and walked it off," you shivered.

He gave you a dismayed look. "You did not ignore a god stepping in, ____. Do not tell me that."

"To be fair, I think it was Talos," you smiled.

"My least favorite," he grumbled. "Shrewd man."

"Hey, fire, least it wasn't Dibella," you chuckled.

"Don't 'hey fire' me," he grumbled. "Why do you call me fire? I do not understand it."

"Why do you call me tolal?" you smiled. "Because it fits, Miraak. I can be sweet and nice but dammit do I sting; honey fits me, I suppose. You're like fire. Wild and unruly and it makes me shiver, but in a good way. You love loud, but do not speak. You are... Luxurious."

He rolled his eyes, pulling you closer. His lips caressed the skin of your ear, then of your neck and jawline, occasionally nibbling with his teeth. "My pride is high enough without your meddling, dii zok shir. Be quiet," the man chuckled. "But I know I am the greatest there ever was and will be. You needn't remind me."

"Bah! One thing and it goes to your head!" you giggle.

"Go to bed," he raised a brow. "You're too active for this time of night. I don't want you sleeping in."

"Controlling, aren't you?"

"You like it."

"Sometimes," you grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

short and sweet

farkas one next then bryn i think

:0

dani out

Adieu!