Miraak x Reader(Female) ~The Young Between the Beginning and End(3)~

The toddler cuddled into your midsection, curled up in a ball between both you and Miraak. Her quiet snores and little smiles in her slumber warmed a worried mother's heart.

You glanced beyond the small girl, taking in the sight with barely stifled laughter. Her brother had somehow maneuvered himself so he was literally sleeping on top of his father's chest, Miraak's scarred arms wrapped around both the girl and boy as if trying to round them up even in slumber.

A small sigh of tranquility left your nose as a smile lifted your face.

The morning sun flickered in through the window, just barely adding light to the room.

"Na," came the barely audible mumble as your daughter's hand found your wrist, her sleepy doe eyes meeting yours. "Pancat."

A quiet laugh. "Pancakes?"

A firm nod from the child. "Pancats."

There as a low groan from your lover as he jostled slightly, bringing the little troublemaker on top of him to shift with a huff.

Slowly, a grin formed on your face. "You wanna help me make them, hun?"

She nodded, rubbing her eyes before silently crawling off the bed, you following suit with equal stealth.

You lifted the girl onto your shoulders before she could try to take the stairs, knowing she would try to roll down them being her brother did it all the time. Her brother was the rambunctious one, she was more reserved and polite.

Though she could get possessive over her food every now and then, your daughter was tame.

When the father and son were out of earshot and you set her back down on the ground, she rushed to the kitchen, a giggle leaving her mouth. As you walked you lit the many candles scattered around the house and the few torches with a hand of dim fire, knowing your daughter wouldn't start trying to take out the knives and try to stab someone like her brother had this last weekend.

Oh, your poor baby Miraak, always getting bullied by his son.

With a shake of your head, you entered the kitchen and picked up a few logs of firewood, the little one watching intently as you tossed them in the undercarriage in the oven and lit them.

You gave a stern look to her. "Away from the oven at all times, missy, understand?"

She nodded excitedly, braided hair jostling and nightgown swaying.

The girl lifted herself up onto a counter that she knew you wouldn't need, eyes watching your every movement like a hawk.

You grabbed a bowl, got out some flour, sugar, and other needed items. The eggs in the cooler (by the help of Miraak's lovely frost magic) were still good, which you noted you'd have to thank your lover for later.

After some quick 15 minutes, you were flipping pancakes on the stone top of the oven, a loud thud echoing upstairs before a bark echoed through the house.

"Don't you go rolling down the damn stairs-"

The rebellious, young cackle that followed was answer enough, and the girl beside you groaned, annoyed.

The padding of bare feet. 

"Pancats!" was the exclamation that followed the silence, then a grumble of choice words only your sharp hearing could catch.

You threw a narrowed glance behind your shoulder, finding a grumpy husband hovering behind the boy.

The girl beside you huffed. "No pancats fer tem."

You blinked.

A wild, feral smirk lit your face.

"No pancakes for them," you agreed cheekily.

"Olet?" the boy questioned seconds afterward, frowning.

You threw a glance to Miraak.

'I'm making the pancakes.'

'And I'll make the omelets.' He answered begrudgingly.

"You use all the eggs?" was your husband's rough inquiry, and you shook your head, flipping a soft mound.

A chin rested against your head, and a kiss was planted to your temple while the children hissed their disputes and you both chuckled.

"Ah-ahp-ahpl-apple?" the girl sought innocently.

"Apple!" the boy cheered.

"Apple," Miraak grumbled. "Fine."

"I can-"

"No, no, it's not like I wanted to get more sleep or anything."

"Miraak."

A dry look that came with the deadpanned words.

He scowled. "Stop looking at me like that."

"Miraak."

"I don't like that tone, ____."

"You shouldn't," you growled out.

"Look, love, I can cut a damn-"

"Miraak!"

"Daddy say a bad word!"

"Momma mad!"

The chorus of scoldings was on perfect timing, all at once like it was some practiced and scripted act.

He cringed at the dark glower he was receiving. "Daddy did say a bad word. He regrets it."

"He better," was your hiss.

"Oooooo!" the boy teased.

The girl smacked his arm with a scowl. 

Both you and Miraak, who had witnessed it, gave an equally surprised and terrified look to each other.

"That was such a you move," he gaped.

"And it was totally with your ego," you added frantically.

"Oh, I'm scared now, love."

"I am too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was adorable.

Like, awweehe my heart.

I love these children.

What are their names? I left it ambiguous for y'all, I'll have you know ;)

Requests?

I'm pooped. Sorry this chapter is short, I had a limited amount of time.

Dani out,

Adieu!