Sheogorath x Reader(Female) ~Oddities~

She swept up the small particles of dust with a hay broom in swift, fast motions, going around her entire (albeit small) dorm in only a few minutes before kicking the pile to the main hall, something that she would be cleaning along with some other apprentices in an hour or so. Her main goal was her room so she had to focus on her room, and she did so with ease and speed not many could replicate. She was exceptionally good at such things, coming from a history of working as a maid where the pay was good and the people weren't.

She was a softer person, kind and generous and genuine in whatever she did. She worked hard and gave everything her all, and if she knew she couldn't give something her all, she wouldn't do it at all. Better to put in full-effort than half-ass everything. She liked things that were complicated, the things that would make her work for hours and hours and then some more. She felt better the more effort she put in.

She felt good working, having a purpose. Right now, her purpose was to study the different branches of magic and do her best to learn it, maybe even mastering a few. 

She didn't have time to dally in her life. She was living on borrowed time, and she only hoped she would be able to spend it well before she kicked her own bucket and didn't wake up one day. Putting her best effort in eased that terror of knowing any day could be her last, and the chances only grew and grew within every day that passed. 

Working like this, with the books and spells- it took her mind off of her untimely death, too. A dragon and a human do not mix, and especially not in her case. Female Dragonborns didn't have the ease the male ones did, their instincts didn't mix as easily as with the other gender of their species. And so, the instincts tried to murder each other in a female body, and a very short lifespan was the result. 

But everyone dies eventually. Her death would just come a little quicker, and she was long past the sorrow and fear. Now, she just wanted to live freely. She didn't want to be a hero, she wanted to be ____, and that was enough for her. She wanted to serve herself a huge helping in a buffet that she had always been beckoned to but never gave herself permission to eat. The food symbolized her freedom and how it was right at her fingertips, but she was too stubborn to grab it.

When she had run amuck trying to help everyone in the entirety of Skyrim, she had nearly killed herself so many times she couldn't count. She had gotten so lonely some nights she contemplated just leaving it all behind. She had broken down constantly because she wasn't giving herself the things she knew she needed to work as a person; as a human being. She could not work being tied down left and right to him or her and this Jarl and this organization. She couldn't do it and when she had tried to force herself to she had neglected the very basic needs she had.

"Deep in thoughts, I see," a quiet, light voice chuckled from her left. Familiar enough so that she did not even jump, no, she didn't even turn. A soft smile grew on her face and she continued to sweep, making sure to get all the corners and edges.

"Hello, Sheogorath," she greeted. "If I may ask, how long have you been there?"

As she glanced behind her, turning her neck slightly, a cat like a grin grew on the tall daedra's face, accentuating his equally feline eyes that glowed like pieces of gold. His white hair was messy, not split at an exact part and he looked disheveled in general, his purple and orange suit crooked on his neck and one sleeve rolled up higher than the other.

"Oh, not too long. You blinked forty-two times," he hummed, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame. His cheekbones glimmered with a yellowish hue due to the torches on his direct left and right, but of course, the Daedric Prince of Madness didn't care much that he could possibly burn himself from standing so close to the small flames.

She smiled softly, shaking her head. "You going to give me a dead mouse again, Sheo? I know you have something for me, you always do, no matter how random."

He groaned, dragging the sound out dramatically as he pushed himself off the wall and she stopped sweeping, resting her head on the top of the broom and looking at him with childish smugness. He huffed, rolling his eyes and slipping a hand in his pocket before quickly pulling it out and throwing whatever was in his pocket at her.

Fumbling with the broom and trying to keep it from falling (though it clattered to the ground all the same), she caught the item and raised it up, looking at it carefully. It was a necklace, a piece of metal carved into a symbol of Sheogorath's staff with three heads and jaws wide upon inhumanely being the main eye-catching thing on it, along with the precious metal of the chain.

She placed it over her head, letting it sit atop her clothing with a smile. "Thank you, Sheo."

His grin seemed to widen. "You like it?"

"I do," you affirmed confidently.

"Yes! Finally, I have gotten you something you like!" he exclaimed, clapping excitedly. "I did it! My favorite mortal, I finally did something for you!"

She blushed, averting her eyes. "It is very kind of you. Sheo, you are the only prince I have met that treats me well. Truly, thank you."

"Well, I like you more than my brethren seem to and I don't fancy you being dead. I've been working things out with Shor, you know. Just say the word and you can come and stay with me for the entirety of your afterlife. Of course, you can always leave to stay wherever your ancestors go if you wish," he smiled brightly. Her chest seemed to skyrocket, her face lighting up.

"You mean it?" she gasped.

"I do," he stated firmly.

"Then let us do that," she smiled.

"Just the answer I was hoping for," he hummed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ughjokbdsijbag

im like dead

my arm hurts

ughosaghn;algjna;

 i want sleep

ok

dani out

Adieu!