Vilkas x Reader ~Forests~

The forest near Riverwood gleamed in the early morning, the sunlight peeking through the lively trees and branches as dew settled upon them. Your boots, surprisingly, were free of mud as you traced the paths of your childhood.

Memories flashed by your eyes and a long-hidden smile eagerly awaited its turn to sprout on your features, a beautiful blossom you'd never shown a soul before.

Vilkas trailed behind you, quiet as he took in the scenery. You hadn't told him where the both of you were going, only that he was coming and he couldn't be baring armor or weapons.

Before long, your feet had lead you to a clearing, a breathtaking masterpiece of nature's true excellence.

Flowers of all kinds, vibrant and gleaming, surrounded the outskirts of the clearing and dotted around. Butterflies flew about, colors of all kind, mingling with the bright birds. Berry bushes of all sorts filled in the area, the dots of red, blue, and purple only adding to the dazzling effect of the meadow.

In the middle of the clearing was an old stone table, two chairs opposite of each other blended into the ground. Nearby, a deliberate and large circular spot of cobblestone lay with a small weapon stand that held old, rusted and dulled blades.

The air, so crisp and fresh, flooded into your senses once more.

"This is... indescribable," Vilkas breathed, and you turned to face him, a once in a lifetime smile curling your lips. He had not the restraint to instinctively return with another.

"This is where I grew up," you started softly, wistfully, your footsteps light as you approached the table and chairs. "My childhood resides here, a secret. Since Kodlak's passing, I regret not taking him here as I always planned. However, now you are free of Hircine's gift, and I have no excuse to hide this anymore. It... It means the world to me, and I do not think it deserves to be buried away."

He couldn't find the words to respond, eyes trailing around the clearing with awe. "It brings hope back into the soul, does it not?" you laugh lightly, fingers tracing the brick of the back of the chair.

"It does."

You turned to him, his head glancing down to meet your eyes as you took a deep breath. "Vilkas, I can't thank you enough for all you've done for me. Even though I was ungrateful at the start, and distrusting, and rude, you still helped me become better. You helped me through nights when I could barely breathe I was crying so hard, and you have not once judged me for it. I have done so very little for you, and I would like to change that."

His eyes widened in surprise, "____, you don't have to thank me for all of that. Really, I did it because..."

Vilkas seemingly couldn't get the words out in the way he wanted, his face drawn back in thought.

"Nevermind," he murmured.

"You did it because you cared."

It was a bold statement, but you knew it was true. The way he'd look at you with such intense worry some days, only caught in swift moments in time. His assuring hand that held your waist as you both said what could've been your last goodbye, and the wide grin that emerged when he saw you flying through the Whiterun market a week later. The demanding of a healer as he noticed the small wounds on you, placed by the dragon destined to kill all of Skyrim.

He cared. You knew; even Farkas had pointed it out. 

"And," with a childishly triumphant grin, you reached around your neck and drew out an Amulet of Mara, "I do too."

He gaped for a second or so, then groaned. "I was going to plan- gods be damned, ____, you've spoiled all of my ideas!"

You cackled, "I assume that is a yes, then?"

"I'm not going any easier on you during practice, though," he warned with a poorly concealed grin. In return, a grin sprouted on your features.

"I would hope not!"

He chuckled, then took a few steps forward to embrace you in a tight hug, his chin covered with stubble resting upon your head.

"You and your dramatics will be the death of me, I swear," he mused.

You huffed indignantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This wasn't too bad.

Short, but hey, it's something.

Requests?

Part 2?

I hope i don't have school tomorrow.

Dani out,

Adieu!