Argis the Bulwark x Reader ~Fast Feet~

"Right!" the man instructed with a scowl, not even slightly impressed at the current duel between you and the stable's boy. You both were drenched in sweat, however, you didn't let it get to you. The stable's boy would be whining all damn day, no doubt.

Timaras twisted right, hard, as you lunged for him with your wooden sword, face drawn in concentration.

You met blades, the only thing keeping him on his feet the flash of determination in his eyes.

"One of you has to duck!" Argis called, glaring.

You snarled, breath hitting directly to his face, "Eat shit, horse boy."

"Go fuck yourself, smith!" he roared, gaining his ground once more and the flurry of blows following, the ones you'd normally be defeated by.

One after another, you blocked and countered, chest heaving as you struggled. Your sword felt heavy in your hand. Hair stuck to your sweaty face, and a growl echoed out of your throat.

You slammed that fucker, refusing to be the one on the dirt- no, it would be him, you were not going to lose this.

No. No.

He yelped as a hard thwack echoed through the air, your sword harshly contacting with his side.

"Yield!" you yelled with narrowed, blazing eyes.

He panted, but did not respond.

Without a seconds hesitation, you threw him to the dirt with a hard twist of your shoulder, the boy letting out a wheeze as the air temporarily left his lungs and his sword clattered feet away from him.

You let out a huff, wiping the sweat from your face with a sleeve as you attempted to regain your breath. 

Argis chuckled.

You glanced to him- the young boy of nearly 16. He stood a whole foot taller than you and was rippled with muscle, despite his age. He'd learned to fight when he was 6.

He taught you and the stable boy. Timaras was 13, you were just barely over 14.

You never usually won. Mostly because you never had enough food, starving on the streets and all, but Argis offered it because he had nothing else to do.

"That was damn good, ____," he complimented, the grin after every brawl spreading across his face.

You let out a laugh, beaming while the stable boy groaned. "I was working in the mines this weekend, got paid, even. I feel good. Thanks, too."

He blinked. "Really?"

You nod. "I asked the guard, and he said he didn't mind, and that I could even get some of the guards' rations while I was at it!"

Timaras huffed. "Cheater."

"Oi," Argis barked, "shut up."

The boy flopped onto his stomach, mumbling bitterly.

"Argis," you started, "what are you going to do when you turn 16?"

He clicked his tongue. "Sellsword."

You blink, tilting your head to the side. "Sellsword... It sounds like something you'd do."

"You look disappointed."

"I mean- It's nothing," you smile forcefully.

He raised a brow.

"It's nothing?"

You nod stiffly. "Nothing."

Argis let out a wide laugh. "Alright then, bird. See you next week, yeah? We've still got, what, 3 weeks before I'm off?"