Alduin x Reader ~A Dragonborn's Fight(2)~

The dragon snored quietly, partially asleep and partially awake, just waiting for the moment you moved from under his wing.

Snow otherwise slammed at his back and wings, but it was little to him. He was fire-blooded.

You were not. You were a mere mortal.

He had to keep you warm, a fact he snarled at. How weak!

And yet, he knew no other way. He could do nothing else.

He had submitted, not on his own terms but weakened by your shout, and now had no other choice but to keep your mortal body alive.

How humiliating it was, to once be in total control, only to have it whisked away by a mere child.

With a start, he felt a soft hit against his scales, then a hyperventilating gasp that filled the cold air. He craned his neck down, only to see you, still asleep but kicking and moving. 

The quiet pleas of, "Stop," and, "Please no," muddled out of your mouth as tears fell, your unaware mind ordering your body to kick and move and fight because they were-

You let out a scream, eyes whipping open and chest heaving as you proceded to blink rapidly and roughly wipe the tears off, glancing around.

You flinched when your eyes met his, the only sound that of the wind whistling against his wings.

"Dovahkiin," he rasped quietly, trying to gain your thoughts into the present.

All you did was recoil, complete terror filling your eyes as you froze. 

You did not speak. You barely breathed. You did not move.

"Weak," he snarled out, moving his huge head back to face with whipping wind with displeasure filling his veins.

There was a moment of brief silence, and he expected it to last, but it did not. No, the nearly inaudible sobs that you tried so desperately to hide came rushing out as you brought your knees to your chest and curled into them.

He glanced back again, expecting a full-on meltdown, but something in him shifted with unease and anxiousness.

Dragons were not afraid.

No, they were never afraid.

Alduin shifted, coming to move his head closer to your body in slight apprehension. Nothing about you seemed to be fully taking in your surroundings, no, you were simply freaking out.

He had never seen a human do this before. He did not like it.

The beast nudged his head, harmlessly headbutting you in his displeasure with your current state. Unexpectedly, you clutched onto him, still crying but calming more and more.

He didn't understand you. One second you were so strong, and the next you were nothing but a fly on the wall.

Huffing smoke into your face, he waited for you to let go, and eventually, you did. Although your crying had paused, you still looked awful.

"Where are your companions?" he muttered out.

"I do not have any," you answered weakly.

He narrowed his eyes. "Friends?"

"I do not have any," you repeated. "No one knows my name. No one knows my face. I am alone."

Your voice trembled and cracked unsteadily, bitterness flowing through it like a river.

Alduin let out a soft growl. "Then I must stay with you."

"Until dawn comes," you assured quietly. "Please."

"And until it never comes again," he grunted in response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

im like dead rn

this is really short and im sorry but im in like a really sad mood and all I wanna do is write sad stuff lol. I'll get over it soon- no worries. It happens every now and again.

requests?

Next one will be a Teldryn chapter and a smut chapter. Friday they'll be a Cicero chapter and maybe some more if I get to it.

@Arcane777     ahahhahhaha it will get done. promise :)

Dani out,

Adieu!