Ducks

Aziraphale walked into his bookshop once again. It was early morning Sunday. The sun was shining in London and on top of a stack of books there was a snake fast asleep basking in the sunlight. He decided not to disturb his dear old friend- well he can't say that anymore can he?

He started to put some books on shelves. He heard a light hiss. He turned to see the snake waking from his slumber. There was another louder his.

"Good morning dear." Aziraphale smiled.

Crowely just slithered down off the table and onto the floor. Hissing at Aziraphale the entire time. This gave Aziraphale an idea. As Crowely came back to his human form did nothing but smile.

"I have a splendid idea!" Aziraphale said making Crowely jump just a bit.

"It's too early to have ideas love."

"It's 10 am. I had time to get breakfast." Aziraphale said.

"It's still to early." Crowely complained.

"Let's go to the park." Aziraphale smiled.

"Okay I'm coming." The demon said putting his glasses on.

They both jumped in the Bentley. Crowely drove to Hampstead Heath Park. Once there they sat on a bench as they always did. After seeing some squrriels rabbits and ducks Aziraphale went on to kneel down with them. Crowely stayed put. He knew that if he got close to any animal they would run off. He is a snake after all.

"Crowely dear, can you come here?"

"With the animals?" Crowely asked genuinely confused.

"Why, yes, of course."

"They'll run, the animals I mean, all they sense is a snake. A predetor." Crowely explained.

"I promise they won't." Aziraphale smiled. The kind of smile only angels have.

"Okay fine." Crowely got up promptly and knelt down next to Aziraphale.

The animals started to scurry off at the demons presence but having Aziraphale there seemed to off put it. Crowely marveled. This was the closest he's ever been to any animal. Aziraphale smiled again and preformed a small miracle that made bread crumbs appear in Crowely's hands (and another miracle so that the ducks don't get fat and lazy from this, he didn't want to upset the balance of nature).

"Extent your hands, they'll come closer." Aziraphale whispered as he slowly took Crowely hands and put them out in front of them.

A duck came closer to Crowely. Crowely sprinkled crumbs infront of him to lead the duck closer. It worked. He didn't scare it off. More ducks came.

"This is.... astounding angel." Crowely whispered. "They are so close."

"I know. They seem to like you."

After Crowely was out of bread they left the park holding hands. Crowely drove Aziraphale back to the bookstore and they stopped out side the door. Crowely was leaned into Aziraphale. Aziraphale was as red as a jar of strawberry jam. As Crowely got closer Aziraphale started to radiate anxiety.

"You're not ready yet are you?" Crowely chuckled.

"Maybe a peck on the cheek?" Aziraphale said letting a breath go.

"If you want."

Crowely leaned in closer so his warm cheek was pressed against Aziraphale's, a light kiss was soon planted on his cheek. Aziraphale smiled and ran into the bookshop.