Invitation

It had been a few days since they last seen each other. Crowely spent most of that time debating with the plants if he should call Aziraphale or not. This of course exhausted the plants. The plants were absolutely no help at all to Crowely anyway.

"Why am I just sitting around, I can just as easily go to the book shop myself and ask him." He looked at the ceiling while muttering this to nobody.

Crowely insisted on moping around the apartment for another hour. Then his phone rang. He let it ring. He wasn't in the mood to take calls. When it finished ringing there was a familiar nervous voice on the other end.

"Oh, hi Crowely. I just wanted to maybe invite-" before Aziraphale could finish Crowely picked up the phone.

"Hi angel." Crowely said.

"Oh, well, would you want to go out for a drink maybe? We don't even have to go anywhere really we can drink here in the shop. Unless you don't want to then-"

"Alright angel, I get it. I'll be there, say about eight?" Crowely asked.

"That would be nice, yes."

Crowely blushed a little at the sound of the angel's nervousness.

"I'll see you then." Crowely hung up.

This of course meant that Crowely had to dress for the occasion. He ran to his bedroom and changed out of his silk black pajamas and into something more suitable. A black v-neck shirt, black leather pants, a black coat, and a new scarf it was a pop out-ish shade of blue. It didn't match anything else he was wearing.

He slipped on his leather boots and before sauntering out of his apartment he inspected his plants. Not a single dead leaf or branch. They seemed to be growing perfectly. But he still had to instill "the fear of Crowely" in them.

"Grow, FASTER, Aziraphale may be coming over for the first time and I don't want any of you any less than PERFECT!" The plants shook in fear. "I will kill each and everyone of you if you don't grow absolutely PERFECT!"

At this point Crowely left his apartment. He was off to see an angel.