20

tom and i went into a full on pillow fight. but instead of the usual fun thing, it was like we wanted to knock each others heads off. i was out of breath on the floor while tom was smirking smugly on my bed. "you really need to work out more, your stamina is horrible." he laughed tossing his pillow at me. "sorry i didn't realize we were in a video game and i needed to level up my way of breathing." i glared at him intently. he just let out a laugh and moved closer to me from where he stood. he offered me a hand and i took it. once i was back on my feet i tried to pull my hand back but tom kept it close to his chest.

i looked up at him to see him staring at me with his big brown eyes. "do you really want to put a label on this?" his tone was serious. i stayed quiet not sure on how he wanted me to respond. he stared at me back but with dead set eyes. "sabrina, i don't want to. not yet at least." my heart felt like it had been hammered as he spoke those words. i tried to pull away again but he just held my hand tighter. "the people who need to know have already known how we felt for a while. that's all that matters." he said assuringly. i let out a playful scoff and finally broke free from his grip. i placed my hands on my hips and locked eyes with him. "is this what you want?" i gestured between us. "yes! obviously!" he nodded back annoyed. "no! not me and you! this! the constant back and forth arguments!" i yelled slightly louder than my normal.

tom just stared at me. "i don't tom! i don't want to have fun amazing moments with you just to turn it around into a fight about making something serious of us!" i hugged myself as i started to shake from anger. "we are serious sabrina," tom said softly. "to who! harrison? sam? harry!" i mouthed off waving my hand around. "what about to the guys you made this fucking deal with? what about them!" i blankly stared at him wanting him to answer. "they will know when i'm ready to put this public! but as for now this stays in the house!" he demanded harshly like i was a child. i felt tears start to welt up in my eyes. "in the house?" i whispered out. "so what was the elevator? the roof of that hotel?" i tried to stand my ground without breaking.

"moments we can't let happen again," he breathed out and stepped towards me. he gently grabbed both my hands and cupped them. "sabrina i want this so bad. but we can't yet. i can't explain it to you now but i will. one day." he said with pinched brows. "what do you mean? am i an embarrassment or something?" i started to feel insecurities gnaw at all my flaws. "no god no!" he shouted like he had been startled. "then what the fuck do you mean!" i pushed him away and shoved him back. "i'm not doing the same mistake as my father did god dammit!" tom shouted, and his tone shook me to the core.

he was breathing heavily and staring at me. i placed my arms back around my body and stared at him with a scowl across my face. "my father fell in love with my mom, she was the same as you. she hated the mafia life." he ran a hand through his hair and took a deep breath. "she put up with it for years until i became of age and asked my dad to step down. but the times before that, she had my dad wrapped around her finger." he paused and watched me move closer to him. "she refused to let him be apart of anything. she tried to get him to turn over the damn thing to the osterfields but thank god my dad saw how passionate i was about ruling." he gave himself a small smile. my brows pulled together in a harsh way.

"my mom hated how me and the twins started to run every play under the table. but it's what we wanted- what i desired." he locked eyes with me. my body knew, it knew that his next words would be the end of whatever we were. i watched as he opened his mouth and braced my heart for it. "i won't give up my crown for love sabrina." he said slowly as he looked away from me. "i want to reunite the families and secure my spot, i want to know that no one will try to take me down, i need to secure all of england and the states." i let out a shaky breath as he kept talking.

"after all that is done, we can go public in every type of way you want." i could hear the sadness in his voice being covered up by his ego. my eyes shook, i just wanted to be alone. "can you do that?" tom asked softly, like he was trying to keep that question away from my ears. instead of answering i pushed past him and out of my room. i kept walking down the halls, not hearing foot steps or my name being called. i wanted to cry so badly but i refused to show weakness right now. i held in my breath as i jogged up the stairs that lead to the third floor. i looked around and saw two younger cleaning maids dusting a trophy case. i glanced to my right and saw a door slightly pushed open. i saw steps and my mind was made up. i took one more glance at the maids. making sure they didn't see me, hopefully no one could find me up here.