13

i watched the clouds drift by slowly. the plane ride was supposed to be an eight hour flight to the states- well new york technically, and we were rolling into hour three. my eyes stole another glance at tom's sleeping face. he fell asleep about an hour into the flight. harrison told me i needed to get some sleep too but i just couldn't. my mind was racing with different things, different scenarios. not good ones either. one that kept replaying in my head was me stepping off the jet then bang, bullet through my forehead. i shivered in my seat and placed my feet on the floor. i pulled my sleeves into my palms and held my chin. my eyes were glued to tom, how is he so peaceful when he sleeps? i wonder if he ever gets scared while he's so vulnerable.

"you know i bet he can feel you staring at him," harrison's voice startled me. he let out a small chuckle saying sorry as he sat down in the seat across the isle from yours. i didn't say anything to him, just looked out the window again. "sabrina, tom won't let anything bad happen to you." harrison said in a calm stern voice. i turned my head to look at him and nodded my head. "then why would he bring me to the exact location this psycho's located?" my jaw pressed into my palm as i spoke. harrison shrugged his shoulders, "tom's very- uh what's the word? possessive? no no, protect- protective of you!" he snapped his fingers as his eyes widened with excitement. "why?" my heart started to thump deeply and slowly in my chest. "really?" harrison had a cheeky grin. i groaned and slouched in my seat, "why do you all do that weird grin? just tell me!" i sounded like a whiny baby but it was getting annoying. always seeing him and the twins with that same grin.

"you're no fun." harrison folded his hands together. "but you'll know soon enough." he winked at me before getting up and heading towards the back of the plane. i rolled my eyes, not really surprised to his actions though. i stared back in toms direction and felt my body relax in the big seat. he slept so comfortably, he must do this a lot. i saw how his face was tilted down enough that his brown locks covered his eyes. he had his arms crossed in front of him and his body was slouched. my eyes traced every visible part of his body, the thumping in my chest still very active. i wonder what tom would be like without the mafia, if he was just a simple man. it would be easier to accept that i was starting to have feelings for him. but, that tom doesn't exists and if he did, i don't think i would find him as irresistible.

"hmm," i hummed aloud seeing this hand. they were bruised on three knuckles and the other two were cut slightly. images of the bloody man being dragged by some men popped back into my head. i wish i never saw that, i wish i would've just stayed by that gazebo and never saw tom. i bit my lower lip, how could i allow myself to feel something for him when i can't even accept who he is? every time i see a side of tom that has nothing to do with the mafia, i see something that just slaps me in the face with a reality check. my hand reached forward, inches from his hand. but before i could touch him i realized in all that thinking i was doing, i got closer to him. i sighed and sat down beside him, observing him closer. my eyes started to feel heavy. i snuggled into the side of the seat and gently rubbed the tips of my fingers on top of his knuckles.

a small smile was plastered to my lips as i started to drift into sleep. maybe i could get used to his life style, i mean after all, i come from the mafia too.

- - - - -

"mate," tom felt a nudge on his shoulder. "tom wake up." that was harrison's voice. tom opened his eyes quickly and he tried to move his body but harrison held him down. tom saw his hand on his shoulder, he looked up at his friend with a confused look. harrison was just smiling at him. tom feeling annoyed and confused looked away, his eyes went to look at sabrina. "where is she!" tom spoke loudly trying to get up again when he saw the seat in front of him empty. "calm down," harrison laughed lightly and shook his shoulder. tom went to yell at him but saw he was pointing beside him. tom turned his head and his heart jumped to his throat.