Special Chapter- The Truth

How will Luhan take the revelations that were abruptly unveiled to him? How will the truth affect the way he feels? How will Sam's confession change his heart?

A Luhan-Sam story

Second Part

---

It has been a week since the cheerleading squad has transferred to the gymnasium where the basketball team plays since the other gymnasium they were using had to be renovated for the upcoming foundation day of the school. It was a hustle since they needed to use half of the court each and it wasn’t really enough space for them to practice their stuff.

“This is difficult.” Luhan groaned. He walked to the bench while taking his bottled water.

“Tell me about it.” His fellow player Jung Sook said while approaching him. Luhan threw him a bottled water and he seated beside him. “Thanks” he said.

Luhan knew that Jung Sook misunderstood his statement. He knew that he was talking about the arrangement of the practices of both basketball team and cheerleading squad in one gymnasium. But he wasn’t talking about that. Behind all arguments and groans of every people in that building, he was probably the only one who had mixed emotions about it.

Sure he was a bit upset and worried for their practices since they can’t facilitate a whole court practice game, but he was also excited, and ecstatic that he was able to see Sam every practice which made him eager to go for the last few days.

What he said was difficult was the fact that he found it hard to get his head on the game everytime he sees Sam. What’s more difficult was that she kept on shouting, counting so loudly like she was seeking attention. She was captain by proxy since Yerin had to rehearse a special number. Everytime Luhan hears her he can’t help but to take a quick but would develop to a long look to the other side of the court to see what she was doing.

Despite having the most distraction he has ever faced in his entire basketball carrier, Luhan didn’t want the arrangement to stop. Aside from being an interference, Sam also turned out to be an inspiration to him.

Everytime the cheering squad would take a break, and Luhan knew Sam would be seated somewhere watching them, he puts a 110% of his skill to show off. He didn’t know why he was doing it, he just did.

There were the times when the entire team starts bombarding him with praises of how and why he managed a half-court shot in the last 2 seconds of the practice game even if they were winning in a huge gap. Instead of thanking his teammates of their awe for him, he secretly cranes his neck to make sure Sam was seeing his glorious time.

There were a few times that he did saw that Sam was looking and that she had a smile plastered on her face, with that his ego builds more and more and it just wants to show off more and more.

“You know what captain. I think you should talk to the captain of the squad. I think it would be better if we just take turns in using the gymnasium instead of using it at the same time. It’s easier that way, and it’s better so we can use the entire court.” Jung Sook said

Luhan nodded and stood up. “You’re right. I’ll go talk to her.” He said and started walking towards Sam who was standing in front of the squad.

“Can we talk?” He said when he reached her.

Sam eyed at him before nodding. “Guys let’s take a break.” She said.

The two went to the corner of the gymnasium. Luhan realized that everyone was looking at them, maybe wondering. “Can you guys find somewhere else to look at? We have a business to talk about!” he shouted before everyone turned away.