Chapter 32

"Kris, man I'm sorry." Chanyeol uttered placing a hand on Kris shoulder.

Kris buried his face in both his hands.

"It's okay." Chanyeol said patting him continuously. "There's nothing more we can do. We just have to accept it, no matter how difficult it is."

"Easy for you to say Chanyeol." Kris answered. "You're not in my position right now."

"Even if I'm not in your position, I still completely understand how you feel. I know how hard it is. That's why I'm here for you"

"Stop lying Chanyeol. You don't understand how hard it is" Kris uttered "You'll never understand how hard it is to accept that I placed salt in this cupcakes instead of sugar." He said as he took a cupcake from the entire tray that just came from the oven.

Chanyeol sighed. "Fine. I've never made that kind of mistake in my entire baking career but it's your first time. Give yourself a break."

"Dammit. Why'd the salt be in this table anyway. Now what am I supposed to give Lian when she arrives home." He cursed.

"Just take the cupcakes I baked. She won't know the difference."

"What an indirect insult Park Chanyeol. Lian would never believe I baked your cupcakes."

"Well, it is better than nothing." Chanyeol shrugged.

"Fine." Kris said as they poured Chanyeol's mixture into the tiny cups.

"We're here!" Yerin's voice suddenly echoed. Both guys looked towards the entrance of the kitchen.

Yerin came in with Taehyung and Sehun behind her holding boxes with deflated balloons and pumps and paper bags that they couldn't seem to hold.

"Yaaah. Park Yerin. You could at least hold two of this paper bags." Taehyung groaned.

Yerin grinned at him. "I love you too Kim Taehyung." She said as she proceeded towards the table and took a cupcake from the tray.

Chanyeol and Kris turned to her as she was about to take a bite from the cupcake. "Nooo!" they both echoed, but it was too late.

Yerin choked with the taste of the cupcake she just ate. Chanyeol chuckled first before getting her a glass of water.

Taehyung laughed behind her. "Sweet, sweet revenge." He uttered.

Yerin glared at her, before glaring at her brother and Kris. "Who exactly are you two trying to poison?" she asked them.

"My feelings are already shattered Yerin. Don't crash them even more." Kris answered her. "You three just go fix the living room. Dad called, he said they're already fixing Lian's discharge papers."

"Ok." Yerin said as he beckoned Sehun and Taehyung.

A few minutes later, Hale, Luhan, Kai, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Tao, Suho, Kyungsoo, Chen, Xiumin and Lay arrived Kris' house holding lots of plastic bags on their hands.

"Food has arrived." Baekhyun shouted

"Chen, go and get a table." Hale ordered.

"Why don't you do it?"

"You're the guy."

"That's discrimination" Chen argued.

"You're so annoying!" Hale groaned.

"You're so bossy!"

Suho laughed as the two continued their bickering. "Told you they'd make a good couple." He said beside Yerin and Kyungsoo.

"ChenHale for the win" Kyungsoo laughed

"Yerin. Can you look at the banner if it is centered?" Sehun called for Yerin. He was standing at a chair holding the banner that says "Welcome home Lian." In the wall.

Yerin looked at it carefully, suddenly Taehyung came beside her flying his arms around her shoulders. "Sehun, I think you have to put it higher. Don't you think so Yerin?" he said as he inched his head closer to hers in a teasing manner.

"Not funny Taehyung." Sehun frowned as he let go of the banner.

"Sure it is. Everything that annoys you is funny" The other answered as he quickly placed a kiss on Yerin's cheeks that made her blush before he run away.

"Yaah! You're gonna pay for that!" Sehun stepped down and ran after him.

"Are all the food ready?" Xiumin asked.

"I think so." Lay answered.

"Luhan go fix the banner Sehun left." Kai ordered.

"Okay." Luhan answered

Suddenly all the ruckus were interrupted when Tao who was at the window suddenly shouted. "They're here!"

Everyone started scrambling to their positions They all stood below the banner as they waited for the door to open and Lian to enter.

They couldn't hide the excitement in them as they all fidgeted in their place.

They heard the car engine turn off in front of the house and the knob of the door being turned.

When they finally saw Lian enter, they all shouted "Welcome home Lian!" all together.

Lian was caught off guard. Kris suddenly came to her and held a box of cupcakes. "Welcome home sis." He smiled at her.

Lian grinned as her eyes turn watery every second. "Thanks guys. You didn't have to." She told them.

"Ohh we wanted to." Kai answered her in smile.

Everyone gave her a hug.

"Thank God you're fine." Sehun uttered when he hugged her. "How's your sister?"

"I still got a long way to go Sehun." She giggled. "She's fine now."

Yerin came to her and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry Lian." She said.

"No. I'm sorry Yerin. I caused all these trouble."

Yerin pulled away and shook her head. "It's over now. We can finally live a happier life."

Lian nodded at her. "Bestfriends?" she said.

"Bestfriends." Yerin answered as she hugged her one more time.

"Okay.. Enough drama. It's time to party!" Luhan shouted as the music started playing and they all started dancing together.