Chapter 32

Two weeks later....

~Jiyeon~

I wiped the sweat from the side of my head as I walked towards Hoseok's house. I've been working for two weeks now and I was making more money than I'd expected. I didn't think working overtime and extra hours will make a difference but I'm glad it did.

I've been looking at some houses to rent during my spare time. I've been ignoring Hoseok and the members, only talking when it's necessary. Apparently, Yoongi told Hoseok that I didn't know how long he and his girlfriend were dating for, that the paparazzi have been following Yoongi for the past two years—which means I wasn't the one who disclosed Yoongi's relationship. He mentioned that I didn't even know his girlfriend's name or anything about their relationship at all. I knew he was vouching for me and trying to get Hoseok and I to make up but I was so over it.

Taehyung and I exchanged texts now and then when he asked if his friend is treating me nicely at the cafe. I'm not close with her but she's been really nice to me since day one. She doesn't pry and she leaves me alone too. I've thanked Taehyung many times for his help but he brushes it off, saying that he's doing what he'll do for a friend.

I also know that it won't be long until I start showing and honestly, I want to leave before then. Hoseok and I can still be married and live apart. If he wants to fight that then I'll fight him.

It was noon when I decided to drop by when I heard that Jungkook wasn't feeling too good. Jungkook's always been nice to me so I felt sad when I couldn't talk to him during the whole scandal thing. I don't know how I'd feel if they were to ask me about it too. I made some soup for Jungkook, hoping he'd like it.

Unfortunately, I bumped into Hoseok who was sitting on the ground, drenched in sweat from what seems like dance practice. He was alone and I really didn't want to be alone with him. Looking at him, I could tell he felt the same way too. God, it's hard to believe we were close and laughing just over two months ago.

Hoseok's eyes flashed with annoyance as he stood up. "I told you not to come here."

I was about to say something but he cut me off like always. "I thought you'd understand it by now. What else do you want me to say for you to understand that I don't want to see you again?"

I glared, "You made that pretty clear when I haven't seen you for the past month."

He scowled. "Don't give me attitude."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not here for you anyways."

Just as I was about to leave, Hoseok's voice stopped me on the spot. "You don't feel it, do you?"

"Feel what?" I snapped as I turned around to glare at him.

"What I've been feeling for the past two months."

Is he for real? He's the one who's been ignoring me and turned his back on me. What was I supposed to do? I've begged for weeks and eventually gave up. I decided that it was best to leave him to his stupid thoughts and accusations.

"The feelings I had for you during our time together," he shook his head. "They don't mean anything to you, do they?"

I stared at him, blankly. Feelings? What feelings?

Hoseok's eyes darkened with anger, "You're clueless as usual. Forget it. Leave."

"Hoseok," I began.

"Shut up and leave."

That hurt but I didn't stop talking, even as Hoseok turned his back to me. I could tell he wanted to put an end to this conversation and for me to leave but something was preventing me from leaving.